Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Looking for 4th gen fbody coilover setup. Help please?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 01:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for 4th gen fbody coilover setup. Help please?

Im looking for a 4th gen fbody coilover conversion kit all the way around. I know absolutely zero about suspension setup so that is why I am here. Car is procharged 700+ hp 6-speed trans am with strange s60 rear, bmr front/rear swaybars, bmr lower control arms, bmr torque arm, bmr panhard bar. stock front control arms/a-arms/k-member. Honestly I am looking for a complete kit that comes with everything to bolt directly into car as I am not looking to spend forever piecing a kit together. Would prefer double adjustable all the way around and ideally looking for afco/strange engineering shocks/struts, however i am open to suggestions/recommendations. No idea about what spring rates I should be using either. Car is street/strip use. I have skimmed the forums for weeks and have ended up more confused then when i started. Any suggestions from retailers/manufacturers greatly appreciated! If any retailers would be willing to piece together a kit for me I am okay with that as well. Thanks!
Old 02-27-2017, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

We have multiple different options and manufactures to choose from. Link to Shocks

However it seems your best bet is to call us and we can get your full vehicle details and lead you in the right direction and try to save you some money and some hassle.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:33 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by snapdude
Im looking for a 4th gen fbody coilover conversion kit all the way around. I know absolutely zero about suspension setup so that is why I am here. Car is procharged 700+ hp 6-speed trans am with strange s60 rear, bmr front/rear swaybars, bmr lower control arms, bmr torque arm, bmr panhard bar. stock front control arms/a-arms/k-member. Honestly I am looking for a complete kit that comes with everything to bolt directly into car as I am not looking to spend forever piecing a kit together. Would prefer double adjustable all the way around and ideally looking for afco/strange engineering shocks/struts, however i am open to suggestions/recommendations. No idea about what spring rates I should be using either. Car is street/strip use. I have skimmed the forums for weeks and have ended up more confused then when i started. Any suggestions from retailers/manufacturers greatly appreciated! If any retailers would be willing to piece together a kit for me I am okay with that as well. Thanks!

There are a couple of variables here in selecting what is best for you. Desired ride height, how the car will be used and future power level plans. Best bang for the buck for a dual purpose street car, its hard to go wrong with Vikings. Feel free to give me a call and I will gladly discuss options with you and get something that is the best fit for your needs

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 03-01-2017, 03:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies, I will be contacting you both once i return from vacation. I appreciate the response.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm running the Viking coilovers, double adjustable, on all 4 corners of my WS6. I've been very happy with them. Having the ability to adjust compression and rebound is a major plus, especially if you plan to use the car for multiple applications. Hell, even having the ability to make adjustments for daily/spirited driving is a major plus. I ordered mine through Midwest Chassis and they took great care of me.

Quick Reply: Looking for 4th gen fbody coilover setup. Help please?