Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rotor options for cts-v 4 piston calipers

Old 11-15-2016, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotor options for cts-v 4 piston calipers

I'm putting the cts-v 4 piston calipers on the front of my 99 z28 and wondering what rotors people are using with good success I called our gm store and they told me $65 a piece for the professional version and 320 each for the one rotors but for 320 a piece there has to be better options aftermarket for the price. The car is street driven gets highway pulls and goes the the dragstrip
Old 11-15-2016, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Go with Centric Brake Rotors for a 2010 Camaro SS. They are the makers of Stop Tech. Good Stuff.

If you need help with your swap I made a video here

Old 11-17-2016, 03:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

I have StopTech among other brands. But a StopTech high carbon front Camaro SS Rotor (Gen 5) is $129.99 from me, each.

I have other rotors too, like a set of SP Performance slotted rotors for about the same price per rotor...

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-18-2016, 10:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I have StopTech among other brands. But a StopTech high carbon front Camaro SS Rotor (Gen 5) is $129.99 from me, each.

I have other rotors too, like a set of SP Performance slotted rotors for about the same price per rotor...
I will get back to on those rotors once I figure my rim clearance problem I'm looking at some welds
Old 11-18-2016, 12:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

I also have Weld wheels. However, they aren't cheap. One of the things I do a lot of are Forgestar, and depending on the model, size and offset, they have a lot of room for big calipers, and they aren't a whole lot of money.

I run an 18x9.5 on the front of my Z06, which also fits my Camaro too with tons of room for the brakes. And my Z06 is a C6, not a C5 so it has the big 6 piston calipers and 14" rotors.

And currently the Forgestars are $200 a set off of 18" and $300 a set of 19" and bigger. A full set of them with a standard color would land in Akron for something around $1430 (that's with shipping), but only while this sale is on.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-18-2016, 03:12 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 99yellowz28
I will get back to on those rotors once I figure my rim clearance problem I'm looking at some welds
OE Wheels unfortunately just discontinued a very affordable set of C6 Z06 Corvette Spyders, 18x9.5 with a 40ET that a lot of people on here were using to clear CTS-V calipers without spacers. A lot of Corvette replica wheels that are 18x9.5 with a 56ET which are made for C4's, C5's, and base C6's don't clear without spacers, but most, if not all C6 Z06 and Grandsport front wheels which are 18x9.5 with a 40ET will clear CTS-V calipers. The issue is since OE Wheels just discontinued the only affordable replica wheel in that offset that I can find, you have to go OEM, which after every quote I get, makes going aftermarket with Sam or someone more enticing.

Just remember that just because an aftermarket wheel has a 40ET doesn't mean it will clear. It's pretty well know that real C6 Z06/GS wheels will clear because a lot of people have done it and those cars come with big brakes. However, once you go aftermarket it's a different story. My girlfriend has an Evo X and she bought a set of Work Meister replicas from ESR 18x9.5 with a 22ET (a very conservative fitment for an Evo), they wouldn't clear the stock 4 piston Brembo's even with a 20mm spacer, she sold them and got a set of Meister replicas from Varrstoen, same size, same offset, and look exactly the same, they fit with a 10mm spacer (a little more aggressive fitment but the tires not poking out of the fender). Backspacing is everything.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TBH the stock LS1 brakes with some good quality rotors and pads are more than adequate for your needs, but if you want the added weight and looks then stoptech does make a good 5th gen Camaro rotor. You'll just need to find a machine shop to bore out the center.

Last edited by Cpt.Derrek; 12-05-2016 at 10:09 AM. Reason: grammer...
Old 12-02-2016, 10:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Cpt.Derrek
TBH the stock LS1 brakes with some good quality rotors and pads are more than adequate for your needs, but if you want the added weight and looks than stoptech does make a good 5th gen Camaro rotor. You'll just need to find a machine shop to bore out the center.
Yeah im just going to do the stop techs with some weld wheels I already have the calipers and I gave them to my buddy to powder coat I just need to find someone to do a vinyl decal for the caliper
Old 03-23-2017, 08:11 PM
Staging Lane

Got the calipers done and logo made

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rotor options for cts-v 4 piston calipers