Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

The Best Replacement Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 07:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sherbin18
I don't understand what the difference would be. It's about 3/16" difference and doesn't modify the bracket. The ride is totally better and no trace of what I was experiencing before. If \the bump stop comes into play now, there's a more serious problem.

Not being difficult, I just fail to understand. In my prior life we used to say if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Trust me.

But if you need more reason. You gain suspension travel and it usually rides better.
Sam's absolutely correct (not that I have to tell anybody that).

Bump stops come into play far more often than you'd think. And SLP was overly cautious when they put the aluminum spacers in the rear of these cars. They aren't needed. It just puts you in contact with the bump stop sooner and makes the ride harsh.

If you want to do a test. Put a "dot" of wheel bearing grease on the axle (in the shiny spot where the bumpstop touches) and drive the car a few days. Unless you are creeping around parking lots or driving on glass smooth racetracks (at low speed), you're going to find grease on the end of the bumpstop when you look again. They are supposed to touch at times, that's why they exist.

Quick Reply: The Best Replacement Shocks