Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Which springs if i remove Stranos?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 08:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which springs if i remove Stranos?

I changed my shocks and springs a last winter to Strano lowering springs and Koni STR.T shocks. Ever since I changed them I have had to be careful because my cut out drags on everything and I just don't like the car being so low. I am thinking about changing out the lowering springs but don't know what kind to go back with. I have the factory springs I took off I thought about putting back but wasn't sure if there was a better alternative. The car is mostly street driven more of a weekend cruiser with the occasional trip down the drag strip. I am going to add adjustable LCAs, relocation bracket, adjustable panhard bar and torque arm. so the big question is what springs to raise the car back up some that are going to handle good on the street and be ok on the strip?
Old 04-14-2017, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Approach everything at an angle and if the exhaust hangs low fix it. Much easier and should prevent scraping on all but the biggest speed bumps
Old 04-14-2017, 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I'd you like the way the car drives now then get the cutout fixed and tucked up better, I'm on strano springs and have a cutout and dont have issues scraping at all with it, but mine is tucked up.
If you just want to swap springs then go back to stock, they handle pretty good as long as you have good shocks.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

The car does ride a lot better with the better shocks. I autocrossed on Koni's and stock springs for years. The ride was good. I think you can put the stock springs on and still enjoy it.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Mine are about as good riding and not slammed as lowering springs get. If that's too low, then stock springs are the answer, not other lowering springs.

And yes, the Koni's will work with stock springs, and it will handle ok, but not like it does with springs.

Sounds to me like the exhaust just doesn't fit that well.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Quick Reply: Which springs if i remove Stranos?