Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Another abs issue after rear install, only different

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 02:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 157 Likes on 128 Posts

Default Another abs issue after rear install, only different

So after my fab 9 install, 4 channel abs btw, i was getting asr off and abs inop after about 1 min of 75 mph driving. No low trac or brake light. Tech 2 revealed one sensor was a hair off at highway speeds but accurate down low. I cleaned the light amount of metal off both sensors and continued on my way. Now cruisin at any highway speeds i get no lights. Terrific, i should stop complaining because many havent gottwn this far.

So i noticed if im doing 70, downshuft and do a wot pull, i get ASR OFF about one sec after i begin my pull. I take it to 110-120 ish, then release the throttle and let it slow without hitting the brakes. The light stays on until i get to under 100 ish then goes away and all is good.

But the kicker is, if i do a 70-120 pull and do it slowly in 5th or 6th and take about 15-20 seconds to do it, no lights at all. Also confused as to why its asr off and not low trac. So its possible that if i do 110-120 for a minute or so ill get more lights, but not really my driving style.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i got the same damn thing on my car after i did an 8.8 hybrid rear. anything above 60 mph for more than a minute or 2 and it does this... has to do with how deep the sensor sits on the tone ring.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 157 Likes on 128 Posts

One of these days im goona pull my axles and replace the new repro rings with original used ones. Maybe for some reason its the aftermarket rings.

Quick Reply: Another abs issue after rear install, only different