Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lowering the car, help with parts selection

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering the car, help with parts selection

I have the Eibach pro kit, I will be ordering shocks this weekend, and now im trying to decide on which brand relocation brackets, lower control arms, and pan hard bar i should get. Is Spohn a good company? or should i go with BMR? Also would it be wise for me to get adjustable lca's and an adjustable panhard bar?

I want to do this right the first time so any other suggestions are welcome. btw i have subframe connectors at my cousins house which i will be picking up in august...so no need to mention those.

Thanks
Travis
Old 06-29-2004, 11:38 AM
STF Veteran

Spohn is a very good company.
Buy new upper springs plates for the front shocks. They will save you a lot of headaches.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS
Spohn is a very good company.
Buy new upper springs plates for the front shocks. They will save you a lot of headaches.

do i need new upper spring plates if im going to be buying new front shocks? I'm actually thinking of installing what i have this weekend as ill be going to fla for most of july and just wait on the shocks till i get back so i can buy some of the konis or the ones you have over the bilsteins. if i wait and put the springs on now with the stock shocks(the shocks i have have about 16k miles on them) what kind of issues might i run into?
Old 07-02-2004, 08:01 PM
Launching!

personally i like kyb 7 way shocks and bmr suspension all the way around. good luck
Old 07-02-2004, 08:46 PM
TECH Junkie

...trying to decide on which brand relocation brackets, lower control arms, and pan hard bar i should get.
I like BMR bolt-in relo. brackets myself. They're very solid and there's no way to "weld" them in incorrectly as is the case with some other designs. If ultimate strength is an issue then welding the bolt-ins is also an option. I'd highly recommend LG rod/poly or rod/rod LCA's and rod/rod PHR if you can deal with a bit more noise. They are WELL worth the few bucks you'll pay over other competitors. Adjustable PHR is a good idea when lowering more than an inch or so. Adjustable LCA's are really a misnomer, so don't worry about adjustment here.

I want to do this right the first time...
www.lgmotorsports.com

Quick Reply: lowering the car, help with parts selection