Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

thinking about SLP 70002, opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking about SLP 70002, opinions?

thinking about going with the SLP bilstein shocks and eibach springs combo as my nearly 18 year old OEM ones are pretty much shot, does anyone have this? if so, opinions? thanks
Old 07-31-2017, 09:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by blue09rocket
thinking about going with the SLP bilstein shocks and eibach springs combo as my nearly 18 year old OEM ones are pretty much shot, does anyone have this? if so, opinions? thanks
Last owner put them on mine, I took them off in favor of Strano's. I can't say if they rode better or worse because I replaced a lot of suspension when I switched out the coils. The Eibach coils from the kit are in my garage still, less than 2k miles on them.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shocks and springs will change your driving experience dramatically, so whatever you choose, you better do your homework first.
the number one question is, what do you want to do with your car?
Bilsteins/Koni combo is decent, gives you a nice all-around car handling.

Then there's the 64,000 dollar question...what are you planning on doing with your car?

turning or 1/4???

this make a BIG difference as to what you need to do to make your vehicle perform better.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:22 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

I carry the 70009 combo (that's the one that has the 70002 springs and the SLP shocks). I think you can do much better for the price though, like mine and if you want the Bilstein's.

The 70009's are a big compromise, and that might suit you but it seems that it just leaves everyone kind of going Meh. They aren't going to perform like mine because they are soft. And then the rear, it's known to drop more the front on most every car, not just one here or there. And most folks don't like the tail down look that typically results.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: thinking about SLP 70002, opinions?