Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano sways review

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 10:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Strano sways review

Short version: Awesome!
I've had Strano sways on a previous 4th Gen but I replaced all the suspension at one time so it was hard to say what improvement just the sways made over stock ones. My latest 4th Gen already had Strano springs and Koni shocks but stock sway bars. The car rode and handled well but if I really pushed it in corners it felt as if I was going to be thrown out of the car. There is a 270 degree freeway on-ramp in particular that showed the cars weakness. The final 90 degrees was reducing radius and I had to hold on tight traveling 35 or faster. All the body lean didnt inspire confidence. Finally ordered Sam's non-adj sways and last weekend I installed them. Holy hell, its like a different car now. That same corner at 35 now is a breeze, stayed flat and composed the whole way around. It handles so much better I've been looking at the local autocross schedule and may give that a shot soon. I know this review doesnt have before and after track times w/video but if you're like me and just enjoy the feeling of a well handling car you cant go wrong with these. If you're on the fence, get them!
Old 08-04-2017, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it is debatable whether sway bars actually increase lateral grip, but they sure do make a car feel like they do!
Old 08-04-2017, 02:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

If nothing else they make me feel like I can push the car a little harder than I could before. Whether I actually can or not lol
Old 08-07-2017, 05:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Short answer: YAY!

Glad you like, and thank you for the review.

Sam

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: Strano sways review