Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Questions Concerning Bilsteins, Stranos and Endlinks

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Questions Concerning Bilsteins, Stranos and Endlinks

Hey All,

quick back story, have bilsteins from WS6 store as well as same strano springs installed on my car. Also have energy suspension replacement end links (A little less then stock length, whichever UMI carries for their kit).

Car is lowered APPRX 1.25in

Have the following parks waiting for me to install:

1.) Blaine Fab HD front sway bar brackets
2.) UMI front sway bar
3.) UMI rear sway bar
4.) HD UMI rear sway bar Alu brackets (hold the energy suspension bushings)
5.) UMI HD replacement "jaw" clamps for the rear axle for the sway bar

Couple questions regarding this:

1.) Does the front need shorter sway bar end links since lowered, I've only ever heard about the rear but was curious about the front. Especially when I put the Blaine Fab Brackets on with the larger sway bar.

2.) People who have same setup (bilsteins and stranos), what size enlink are you using for the rear, my stock bar is pretty close to my TA Performance aftermarket DIFF cover. I hurt my neck so I can't measure the distance right now.

3.) Every time I do a new upgrade I aslo upgrade all the bolts, washers and nuts. When install the Blaine Fab brackets, what sizes are all the bolts and nuts; I like to upgrade everything to grad 8 (if USA) of grade 12 if metric with similar washers and nylon locking nuts.

Thanks in advance,

Blk97z
Old 08-11-2017, 01:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

I can only comment on the bolts.....stock bolts in that location are metric...grade 10.9....which is equivalent to grade 8 in standard....I only know of allen bolts being grade 12.9... but every allen I have used that is exposed to the elements ....rusts....so stock bolts are fine

the bolts in ES links are grade 5....you may consider switching to grade 8 bolts and nuts
Old 08-11-2017, 01:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 157 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by blk97z28
Hey All,

quick back story, have bilsteins from WS6 store as well as same strano springs installed on my car. Also have energy suspension replacement end links (A little less then stock length, whichever UMI carries for their kit).

Car is lowered APPRX 1.25in

Have the following parks waiting for me to install:

1.) Blaine Fab HD front sway bar brackets
2.) UMI front sway bar
3.) UMI rear sway bar
4.) HD UMI rear sway bar Alu brackets (hold the energy suspension bushings)
5.) UMI HD replacement "jaw" clamps for the rear axle for the sway bar

Couple questions regarding this:

1.) Does the front need shorter sway bar end links since lowered, I've only ever heard about the rear but was curious about the front. Especially when I put the Blaine Fab Brackets on with the larger sway bar.

2.) People who have same setup (bilsteins and stranos), what size enlink are you using for the rear, my stock bar is pretty close to my TA Performance aftermarket DIFF cover. I hurt my neck so I can't measure the distance right now.

3.) Every time I do a new upgrade I aslo upgrade all the bolts, washers and nuts. When install the Blaine Fab brackets, what sizes are all the bolts and nuts; I like to upgrade everything to grad 8 (if USA) of grade 12 if metric with similar washers and nylon locking nuts.

Thanks in advance,

Blk97z
Some people say yes, some say no. I made mine shorter and im 3/4 inch lower on coilovers. If u do decide to trim, its roughly half of ur drop. So since ur 1.25 lower, u would trim 5/8 ish
Old 08-11-2017, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Floorman279
Some people say yes, some say no. I made mine shorter and im 3/4 inch lower on coilovers. If u do decide to trim, its roughly half of ur drop. So since ur 1.25 lower, u would trim 5/8 ish

so 2 5/8in enlink would be perfect then? I curretnly have the 2.875in energy enlinks that came with the kit (stock length).
Old 08-11-2017, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like going from 2 7/8in to 2 3/8in will yield another .5in of clearance and I believe the UMI sway bar has a bigger cut out for the TA performance aftermarket cover.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 157 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by blk97z28
so 2 5/8in enlink would be perfect then? I curretnly have the 2.875in energy enlinks that came with the kit (stock length).
no u wanna trim 5/8 off so u want 2.25 inch sleeve. I actually would do a half inch trim to be on the safe so shoot for 2.375 id say

Quick Reply: Questions Concerning Bilsteins, Stranos and Endlinks