Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help me make a decision - Bilsteins or STR.T

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 07:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help me make a decision - Bilsteins or STR.T

Hi Guys,

I will be lowering my car with Strano's, I've been reading through these threads to help me decide but can't really work it out based on what i read. First let me get it out of the way: My budget doesn't stretch to Koni Yellows. So, with that in mind, Which shocks should i go for with the impending purchase of Strano springs?

SLP Bilsteins or Koni STR.T?

Both shocks have reviews on here ranging from being "ok" to "Very impressed with the ride"

Lets hear your opinion!

Cheers!
Old 10-10-2017, 07:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

From what I hear the STR.T is slightly better for lowered setups. Also they were cheaper than the Bilstiens when I bought mine
Old 10-11-2017, 01:46 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

But not as durable, which in Jolly old England is something to think about, because warranty isn't likely to happen.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-11-2017, 04:06 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I'd go with Str.t's all day. I run them on my daily driver paired with our springs and the ride is great and performance is awesome. They are cheaper and carry a better warranty than the Bilstein. Bang for the buck, they are the best option out there for a non-adjustable shock.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 10-11-2017, 04:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I say again, the customer is in England, warranty not so easy. And frankly since I avoid using things like KYB's that puts the level of warranty on STR.T's higher than anything else we use.

And Bilstein has a lifetime warranty, if you pop for HD's over SLP's. Yes, they cost more. They also won't fail. Pick your poison.

If this were a customer in the USA I would be more at east with STR.T's. But, details are important.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-02-2017, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I say again, the customer is in England, warranty not so easy. And frankly since I avoid using things like KYB's that puts the level of warranty on STR.T's higher than anything else we use.

And Bilstein has a lifetime warranty, if you pop for HD's over SLP's. Yes, they cost more. They also won't fail. Pick your poison.

If this were a customer in the USA I would be more at east with STR.T's. But, details are important.
HD's still available?
Old 11-02-2017, 08:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TheNutDriver
HD's still available?
Scrap this. just seen them on your site so i know the answer.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

LOL, yes I have HD's too and the pricing has gotten closer to the point that HD's are starting to become to a better deal for the warranty to run HD's.

Quick Reply: Help me make a decision - Bilsteins or STR.T