Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

93-02 camaro/firebird hawks sinister adjustable complete suspension kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 93-02 camaro/firebird hawks sinister adjustable complete suspension kit

Has any one installed/used this set up before or even know who really makes it? Could you'll give me the pros &cons for it too?

http://www.hawksmotorsports.com/93-0...uspension-kit/
Old 12-07-2017, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks like pretty standard stuff, but missing the most important pieces: shocks, springs and swaybars.
You are looking just for drag racing right? This is definitely not a handling setup.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:12 PM
Staging Lane

just looking to tighten things up in prep for all the other thing to help with that. But after doing some more research on it found that it has the short torque arm and from what I'm heard on here will be staying away for it. Also I really want to to 3-point subframe connectors and that set up would not allow me to do that.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by camarosteve2k
just looking to tighten things up in prep for all the other thing to help with that. But after doing some more research on it found that it has the short torque arm and from what I'm heard on here will be staying away for it. Also I really want to to 3-point subframe connectors and that set up would not allow me to do that.
So you are just looking to tighten things up, like make the car feel more solid overall? Thats it? No other goal, like drag racing, handling or ride quality?
Biggest improvement you will see in making the car feel more solid is definitely good shocks. After I had installed koni sports (and then more suspension mods) I installed 3pt bolt in SFCs and then had them welded, they made no noticeable difference at all. Thats because all the loose-ness, floatyness, "flexing" was actually just poor shock dampening and the Koni sports took my car to a BMW-solid like feel.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:53 PM
Staging Lane

​​​​​​Well I would like to make it handle better but also want to try and save some money doing packages. I know of the shocks and even the springs helping but the good shocks are pretty expensive too.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by camarosteve2k
​​​​​​Well I would like to make it handle better but also want to try and save some money doing packages. I know of the shocks and even the springs helping but the good shocks are pretty expensive too.
The 4/3 Konis sports are cheaper than that kit you posted originally and I have all those parts from the kit (all UMI: 3pt subframe connectors, rotojoint LCAs with relocation brackets, and full length torque arm) and the Koni sports alone made WAY WAY more of a difference than all of the above combined.
You were looking to spend that much anyway, you might as well buy the right parts with that money.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:12 PM
On The Tree

If you really look at "kits", you will see there is almost ZERO savings in the kits. Some actually cost more than individual items. Buy the parts you need. More savings can be had by smart shopping among the multitude of vendors.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Shocks made the biggest improvement in handling on my car. By far. DeCarbons to Koni SA's.

I did sway bars first. Then rear lower control arms and Panhard rod. Then Strut Brace. Then short Torque Arm. Then shocks. Shocks did 80% of the improvement.

After than Road Race K member, upper and lower control arms. Nothing made a difference like what the shocks
Old 12-14-2017, 04:44 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The only problem with "Kits" or packages is sometimes you have to compromise on one component for another, or get something you don't need or won't perform as well as something else for your application. 9 times out of 10 when someone calls me about one of our packages or kits, I actually end up talking them out of it and instead will cherry pick individual items based on their needs and application and create a custom package deal for them. Usually you can get better parts for the money or possibly less by doing it this way.
I am not trying to divert you from those parts or from that supplier, but it would probably be worth a call to them or whoever is making the products to find out if those parts will be best suited for your needs and particular setup

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: 93-02 camaro/firebird hawks sinister adjustable complete suspension kit