Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Which Springs and Shocks for Drag only??

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Springs and Shocks for Drag only??

I just picked up a completely stk suspension 93 LT1. I am looking to set it up for the track only.

I am looking for recomedation in front and rear shocks and also which springs best suit a drag application? I have ran and used the Hals before so I am considering them again for the front. But I would like some suggestion before I start.

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2004, 11:35 PM
TECH Junkie

afco shocks seem to be the popular drag shocks nowadays. i know madman sells them, hes a sponsor ---->
Old 07-03-2004, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Turo
afco shocks seem to be the popular drag shocks nowadays. i know madman sells them, hes a sponsor ---->
Ok thanks, I will look into them. What about springs? I am familar with good lowereing springs but I havent heard much about a good drag spring.
Old 07-03-2004, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Turo
EXTREMELY Pricey
Old 07-05-2004, 06:37 PM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

AFCO's are very good but, as you found out ......very pricey. HALS are probably your best bet for reasonable cost and good track results. When you buy drag shocks you can usually get the correct springs form the same manufacturer. Knowing the front & rear weight of your car will also help get you the correct spring for your combo. If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call.

Thanks
Old 07-05-2004, 06:48 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

I've got my eyes on the Strange Drag shocks b/c they have adjustability for the compression and rebound. Also I have seen good quality from strange. I'm not buying for a month or so. Hoping to here some feedback about them on here b4 then.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chris@AP-Engineering
AFCO's are very good but, as you found out ......very pricey. HALS are probably your best bet for reasonable cost and good track results. When you buy drag shocks you can usually get the correct springs form the same manufacturer. Knowing the front & rear weight of your car will also help get you the correct spring for your combo. If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call.

Thanks
I thought the same thing, but as far as I know the HALS dont have rear springs, correct? Only fronts. Is this correct?

Quick Reply: Which Springs and Shocks for Drag only??