Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Handling Package 2.1

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Strano Handling Package 2.1

Getting Koni STR.T shocks and Strano lowering springs installed at a local shop that have done previous work for me before. Today they called and said the front springs are the wrong ones and they won't fit, so they didn't even start taking the old stock parts off. I'm pretty sure they are the right springs, I bought them from Stranoparts.com. I went to the shop and they showed me the metal spring perch and showed me the spring won't even fit into it. I've searched for hours on this site and have seen others buying Moog parts to fit the spring, my question is, can't you just reuse all your stock component's and just replace the springs and shocks? Or do I need to buy new parts in addition to what came in the box from Stanoparts.com? My car is a 2002 Pontiac Trans Am with 72,000 miles

Last edited by rod214; 03-20-2018 at 10:46 PM. Reason: more information
Old 03-20-2018, 11:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I read a post on here about the perch on the Koni STR.T not quite fitting the isolators and springs and that the isolators need trimming down and the ends of the spring coil needs filing a very small amount to get it to fit also. Ill try and locate the thread so you can read.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-6-5-15-a.html

have a read through this... I think this may be your mechanics issue.

Edit: read it all lol!
Old 03-21-2018, 07:24 AM
Staging Lane

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by TheNutDriver
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-6-5-15-a.html

have a read through this... I think this may be your mechanics issue.

Edit: read it all lol!
Thanks, I read that and it was very informative. I thought I could reuse the parts off of my car and just replace the springs and shocks, for the fronts. I should have read up on the process of the install, then I would have taken the shop what it needed to do the install, I just took them the box of the new springs and the new shocks.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:59 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I reused the factory OEM isolators when I installed Koni Sports and Strano Springs. I guess the condition of those isolators could vary from one car to the next. Of course the shop would actually have to remove the shocks and springs that are on the car in order to reuse the old isolator.

I should probably add that I had purchased new isolators, but the old ones were fine so I just returned the new ones to Rock Auto.