Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Squeal coming from rear wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeal coming from rear wheel?

I have a 02 Camaro base model,i started getting this sight squeal from my rear end possibly the brake area but the brakes are just fine,could something potentially be rubbing somewhere? I does it often when I'm driving slow and when I'm on the freeway i can here it every now and then. Or could a bad wheel bearing be the culprit possibly?Any suggestions?
Old 04-09-2018, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Could it be your brake indicator rubbing on the rotor? That is normal behavior when the pads get low. Does the sound change at all when you apply the brakes? If not I would look into a new wheel bearing possibly.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:05 PM

It slightly squeaks as I'm driving at a slower speed.and if I'm going fast and hit the breaks it squeaks right away and if i pull my foot off the brakes and re apply them it doesn't. I'm going to bring it in tomorrow.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Cameron Lommen
It slightly squeaks as I'm driving at a slower speed.and if I'm going fast and hit the breaks it squeaks right away and if i pull my foot off the brakes and re apply them it doesn't. I'm going to bring it in tomorrow.
Ever figure this out?
Old 04-30-2019, 01:14 PM
Staging Lane

you may need to grease or change your brake hardware. I always get squeaks at low speeds that go away when i re-grease the hardware but it always come back after a while. My grease choice probably sucks. Try changing and greasing all the hardware.