Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

We now offer the option to assemble your Koni STR.T or Sports and Strano spring combo

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 01:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

Default We now offer the option to assemble your Koni STR.T or Sports and Strano spring combo

$199.99 to $224.99 for this service with the purchase of a set of Koni STR.T or Sport shocks and Strano SP141 springs. Any Koni rebates are still applicable too!

-We pre-assemble the front shocks and springs for you, ready for installation. On Sport sets I can even pre-set the damping as well (part of the price difference is the extra time it takes to do that), Also assembly takes a bit longer.

-Front shocks and springs come ready to install in the car. Simply remove the current combination, and replace with this "cartridge" setup.

-You get all new shock mounts.

-No fighting with rusted stock parts that won't come apart

-No paying someone else to assemble the shocks and springs, and then risk it not being done correctly. That has happened FAR too often.

-Optional service, it's not required, you can still buy the shocks and springs separately if you want to do the hardest work.

-Simply add the option to the cart if you place an order on the website. There is one for the STR.T and one for the Sport shocks.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-11-2018, 02:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is awesome!
Old 10-12-2018, 01:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

what brand upper mount are you using Sam ?
Old 10-12-2018, 09:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by sjsingle1
what brand upper mount are you using Sam ?
I am curious too, as I almost went with Moog years ago, however theirs were smaller than the OEM ones and did not seem as beefy.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Cost are a consideration here, the price was done based on not the cheapest, but not the most expensive mounts. I don't think folks want to pay $300 or more for this by forcing them to use a GM mount or something, and upper mounts are pretty damned simple. Being they are not struts, but a giant piece of rubber with no bearing. Mevotech is what I opted for for the STR.T's kits.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-12-2018, 01:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

reason I asked.....got some auto zone brand mounts......pass side fit but drivers side the holes were a few mm off and did not fit.....sit on the shelf brand new to this day....and I hated the studs were shorter than stock and left little room for bolting on the strut brace
Old 10-12-2018, 01:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Cost are a consideration here, the price was done based on not the cheapest, but not the most expensive mounts. I don't think folks want to pay $300 or more for this by forcing them to use a GM mount or something, and upper mounts are pretty damned simple. Being they are not struts, but a giant piece of rubber with no bearing. Mevotech is what I opted for for the STR.T's kits.
Mevotech is not exactly known for exacting tolerances. Not the same part or vehicle, so it may not be representative, but this painted a picture for me:

https://www.moogparts.com/pdf/did-yo...17-107-ENG.pdf
Old 10-12-2018, 02:01 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

When I installed my Koni Sports and Sam's springs a couple years ago, I bought both AC Delco and Moog mounts through Rock Auto. My suspicion is that both brands come off the same assembly line and get put into different boxes. Both brands appeared to be manufactured, or at least boxed, in India, had identical markings, appeared identical etc.. I used the AC Delco mounts just because, but the Moogs appeared to be the exact same part and were a bit cheaper. I didn't really compare either brand to the factory mounts that I took off the car.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I used the mevotrch on my car and just a heads up the nut-certs strip out of the housing and make removing them a pia.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Makes me wonder if mine were installed properly, I know new mounts were used, but going over bumps or anything that causes the spring to bounce brings out a noise on the left front strut like it's blown or hitting something hard. My tire has also worn out oddly, and I think this may be the reason.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Part of what I do is chase the threads on the bolt and the nutsert. But overtorque also causes this to happen, on many mounts.

If people prefer another mount I can use any of their choice, but of course the more expensive the parts, the overall price will change.

Old 10-13-2018, 10:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Looking up GM parts.....the right is available ( 140$ ) and the left is discontinued

ac delcos are available on rock auto for 60$ ...are there any fitment issues with these ?
Old 10-14-2018, 05:17 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sjsingle1
Looking up GM parts.....the right is available ( 140$ ) and the left is discontinued

ac delcos are available on rock auto for 60$ ...are there any fitment issues with these ?
I used the AC Delco mounts, but as mentioned above they appear to be the exact same part as the Moog mounts just in a different box. I don't recall having any issues and I didn't compare either the Moog or the AC Delco to the factory mounts that I replaced.

Old 10-14-2018, 02:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I've always used the Moog parts without any issues at all.

Never tried the Mevotech mount so no comments on them specifically, but I wasn't too thrilled with a different part from Mevotech a while back.

O'Reilly house brand mounts are utter crap! No idea who makes them, but whoever does did a horrible job. Nothing lined up.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

As is typical of the internet this has taken a turn.

Notice discontinued. Noted $140 a mount for the one that isn't. Notice that assembled cost is $199 total. If you want something more, or different mounts I can do that. But it won't be the same price.

Old 10-16-2018, 04:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ok, so to deal with the internet "issues" I took some time last night to do a few things.

First, I compared the stud position of one of the Mevotech mounts to some OEM GM mounts. Same. Second, I ran the nuts and bolts on the new mounts all the way down, and back out, and then part way in again. They are snug, so they stay tight. If you get nuts with a power tool, the RPM and the snugness might cause you to rip one from the rubber. I used a ratchet and had no issues in and out.

Old 10-21-2018, 07:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I was just trying to help and make you aware of an issue I had encountered with them. Wasn't trying to cause any "issues".
Old 10-21-2018, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

no issues here either....i just wanna know that the mounts you are using have no fitment issues ....a drop in assembly sure is a time saver
Old 10-22-2018, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used Mevotech when I assembled my koni/strano setup a couple years ago. I have had zero issues with them, and they seemed like a quality piece when I put them on. I am usually a little weary of "off" brand stuff but once I looked them over well I felt comfortable enough to put them on and they have been just fine for nearly 3 years.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:58 AM
TECH Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

This is a wonderful option, Sam. I would have definitely gone with this if it was available when I got my Koni's and springs just to make the swap easier and take out any concern over proper torqueing of the spring assembly. I occasionally get clunks on mine, but if anything I think they'd be overtorqued. I'll recheck them when I do control arms and ball joints this Winter.

Quick Reply: We now offer the option to assemble your Koni STR.T or Sports and Strano spring combo