Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need some serious help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some serious help!

I decided to install some sportlines I had from a previous car and some new Bilstein HDs. I currently have a 2000 z28. However, the driver front had an aftermarket HAL shock and the passenger had the stock deCarbon (I think). Anyway, the Bilsteins don't come with the mount (the one that slides over the shock - sorry, don't know what it's called) at the bottom of the shock. And since the HAL on my car already came with it's own and it doesn't fit the Bilstein, I'm stuck without that part.

Anyone know where I can get this.... I need my car fixed by monday morning. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hmm - is that the dust boot?

First I'd try bilstien, (or whatever vendor you got your shocks from) and see if they can take car of you.

2nd, SLP sells takeoff decarbons for dirt cheap. If you can't get your part seperately from a shock, just order a pair of front takeoff decarbons (have to order in pairs) from SLP.

BTW - what's your location? Because unless it got thrown out in the last round of garage cleanup, there's a single front takeoff decarbon from SLP sitting in my parents' garage in Baton Rouge.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's the lower spring perch and rubber isolator.

You might be screwed if you need the part by Monday morning.

Maybe someone local to you will read this and have one they can give/sell you. I know I do. However, your profile doesn't say where you are located ...
Old 07-10-2004, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mitch if it's the spring perch, then I know where a spare set is in DFW. My Koni's came with their own lower perches, so Jason at Texas Drivetrain Performance probably still has the stock ones from my decarbons sitting in a corner of his shop.

so ritche, where y'at?
Old 07-10-2004, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Sorry for the delay, I'm in San Antonio, NW side..... thanks for all the replies, guys. TTopJohn, I appreciate the offer to help... its greatly appreciated. mitchnxt, I appreciate the response also. Let me know where you're at as well. My brother tells me we might be in luck tomorrow (sunday) if we can find that part from a junk yard. I also saw on SLP's website that the front pair of decarbons is $25 or something like that. My car is sitting on jack stands.... and I kinda need it by monday.... I have a cavalier but I don't like leaving my wife without a car. Maybe I'll luck out on sunday... thanks again for the replies.

Last edited by ritchie; 07-11-2004 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FW area for me ....
Old 07-12-2004, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hpsalvage.com crybaby
BTW about your speakers

love your brother
jason

Quick Reply: Need some serious help!