Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front Suspension Camber changes while driving

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2024, 06:57 AM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Front Suspension Camber changes while driving

I have a 2000 Firebird with multiple front suspension issues. I wore out a pair of front tires very evenly from the otside to about and inch from the inside. Vehicle was dragging fron wheels as well. When backing up, the camber appears to change with the tops of the wheels slightly inboard of the bottoms. When you are driving forward, they fall back into regular position (straight up and down). This can't be good. I had the alignemnt done about a year ago and had tie rod ends replaced and everything appears tight. If I raise vehicle and try and move wheels side to side and back to front there is no play. Its got 145k on it so probably time for control arm replacement, but I wanted to ask here before loading up the parts cannon. Steering is fine, but you can feel movement when in reverse (like when pulling out of a driveway).

We just had new front tires installed and the tech said the front wheels were dragging. I had recently installed new calipers so I did the master cylinder as the fluid was black after multiple bleeds.

Any advice on what to look for next?
Old 08-06-2024, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 216 Likes on 165 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Verified no cracks in any attachment point in the k-member?

the bushings in the a-arms are good?

ball joints are firmly seated and have no play in the joint?

Quick Reply: Front Suspension Camber changes while driving