Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

rotor woes

Old 11-03-2004, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rotor woes

it seems that when i come to a stop (on certain surfaces), the rear of my car wobbles, and my steering wheel shakes and such. i'm pretty sure if it feels like the rear of my car then it probably is the rear rotors on my car. although i can't tell which particular rear rotor, i could always buy one and start from there. my problem is that while i've heard autozone has good rotors, they apparently don't sell rear rotors for our car anymore. now i'm looking to get a cheap (price-wise) rotor in town, but that is a good rotor nonetheless. and i know cheap in price can get you good in quality, because autozone used to sell some badass rotors thanks for suggestions.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:28 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 140 Posts

When replacing break parts, do it in pairs (Front or Rear or all four). This helps keep the system balanced.

Autozone does still carry front and rear rotors for the F-body (along with pads). What they dont carry is the rear "Extreme" version. They appear to no longer to carry AIMCO rotors. Although if I remember correctly, someone on here said that the Duralast rotors are rebadged AIMCO rotors. I can't confirm this though.

Here is some info:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/226769-need-rotors-resist-warping.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/230479-rotors-what-buy.html

BTW... I am now running:
Brembo OEM blanks front and rear
Hawk HPS pads front and rear
I bought them at TireRack shipped for $374 and change.
It ended up only being $60 more ($40 of which is shipping) than going with Autozone parts.

Search this Thread