Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

new motor, need suspension upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 10:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new motor, need suspension upgrades

hey, im getting a new motor in about a month and i need to know wat i must have to make this thing hook and go.........besides a new 12 bolt and sticky tires, wat works out there?

Im getting the motor with a neww ss3600 yank and it should make 480-500hp to the wheels........need to channel all that power and not only go staright but turn hard and fast!!!

Also, if i wanted to fit 335'z in the rear....wat do i need to do?
Old 11-21-2004, 01:46 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LCA relocation brackets, rod-end LCA's, and adjustable torque arm. For the 335's, roll the fender lip, flare the quarter pannels slightly, and beat in the inner fender liners with a BFH. Adjustable PHR to center the axle. I sugest you go with 315's instead so you can lower the car and don't have to flare the fenders.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:52 AM
Staging Lane

Default My question exactly...Suspension!

Bought a sweet low mile 2001 T-top ws6 T/A auto. Fast but not fast enough, had to do some mods. So...the mods, most still being built, some on the way, some here:A D-1sc 10psi, so far, with serpentine race kit from Procharger; Speed Inc. Extreme 427, Darton sleeved block with billet bottom, AFR 225 heads, F.A.S.T. 90mm intake and TB, lots of other high end goodies, 9:1, approx. 7300rpm redline, expecting 800+ supercharged hp; TCI flex plate; PATC Bionic 80 4L80E and stall rated for approx. 1200hp, HD torque arm; Moser 3.42 geared 12bolt; SLP headers/cats/Y pipe combo; Mufflex 4" system,dual tip, Spintech muffler; Still researching sub frame connectors, strut tower support, probably atleast a 4 point roll cage, and suspension. The beauty of it is, at a glance it will all look stock, even under the hood.
The Price...Lots. The look on the faces of the Cobra, Viper, Porche, Ferrari, Mercedes, Lambo, etc. owners as I melt my street tires next to them on the freeway...PRICELESS!! The F-Bodies are back with a vengeance and for alot less than the price of the exotics.
I about pulled my hair out trying to figure out a good exhaust, but I finally figured it out.
Suspension, I have no idea, HELP! This has to be done right, there cannot be any week links(no pun intended) with this much power. I need some serious info.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

[QUOTE=Cal]LCA relocation brackets, rod-end LCA's, and adjustable torque arm. For the 335's, roll the fender lip....

hey, thanks, wat is the best way to roll the fender lips....do i need a special tool... with 315'z and lowered about 1.5 fit without any problems.besides the "massaging" of the inner fender?

Quick Reply: new motor, need suspension upgrades