33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Pro Series or Sport Series?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Series or Sport Series?

I want to lower my 02 WS6 it will eventually have y2k rims. (18x9.5's out back and 17x 8.5's in front) The only thing im worried about is going too low. I live in the midwest and the car never leaves the garage October thru April so im not worried about winter driving conditions. So im worried about scraping the bottom on hills or bumps. im pretty much set on Eibach springs unless there is better?
Old 11-23-2004, 06:01 PM
Teching In

I have Sporlines on my 2000 WS6. They are very low and yes the car scrapes on things. I want long tube headers and feel it will probably be too low. I thing I am going to go with the Pro line or Hotchkins. The car does have a really aggressive stance with the Sportlines. Plan on getting different shocks because the ride is a bit rough with stockers on. Mine are stock now and it is pretty harsh. If you want some used Sportlines in good shape let me know.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

You may want to look into Hotchkis springs. They only lower it 1 inch all the way around, and have a reputation for a great ride and almost no saging. These are the springs I am going with as I have heard nothing but good feedback from those who have them. Plus Hotchkis is notorious for great suspensions on older vehicles, and that rep has carried over to their newer stuff.

Fry
Old 11-23-2004, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the pro-kit and I like it. I wish it was a little lower in the front though to have more of a racked loook instead of level. With whatever you do get new shocks and struts. You can get by without them but If I was to do mine again I would get new shocks. Also plan on getting BMR LCA Relocation brackets if you want any traction. I just recently installed mine and I could kick my own butt for not doing it before. It makes a difference.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the responses!!
Old 11-26-2004, 12:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Planning on swapping to the pro-kit when finances permit. Had sportlines for over a year, they just scrape a little more often then i'd like, even though I like the look of the car. The pro kit is a better handling kit as well, much higher spring rate

Quick Reply: Pro Series or Sport Series?