Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brakes/weight reduction?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 03:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Brakes/weight reduction?

Anyone know how much weight savings it is swapping out the stock
pads and rotots for Power slot totors/Hawk pads? I have seen this combo advertised on Thunder Racing and other sites as being lighter, but it is always mentioned with the shocks and K member which I have already swapped out. I will eventually need to swap out these parts, so I am just curious of the weight savings since it is my favorite mod.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rare96WS6
Anyone know how much weight savings it is swapping out the stock
pads and rotots for Power slot totors/Hawk pads? I have seen this combo advertised on Thunder Racing and other sites as being lighter, but it is always mentioned with the shocks and K member which I have already swapped out. I will eventually need to swap out these parts, so I am just curious of the weight savings since it is my favorite mod.

Your favorite mod is weight savings?

I have seen 100lbs dropped off the front end with k members, qa1 shocks, and a light weight brake setup.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have IRotors and they are a little over 1lbs each lighter than stock. Also they are working great with Hawk HPS.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was hoping someone here had done this swap and could tell me the weight diference. I saved 46lbs with the K memeber/a arm set. I am not sure how much came off when I put on the Hals. I am curious what the difference in stock to the Power slot/Hawk combo was.

Quick Reply: Brakes/weight reduction?