Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How do I install my APHR and LCA's

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 02:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question How do I install my APHR and LCA's

I looked at Install University's install sheet and it seems to have the basic layout of what needs to be done correctly. I wanted to know a little bit more just the smaller details. I have LG Dual Rod Ended Panhard Bar and Single Adjustable LCA's with Poly Bushing and Rod End.

I know I have to loctite the Rod Ends with the Blue kind but do I install it full load, jacked up by axles etc.?

On the LCA's what kind of grease should I use and what about the grease gun part?

Thanks all information is appreciated
Old 01-17-2005, 03:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Always install suspension parts, if possible, with the suspension loaded.

Put the poly ends of the LCAs on the frame side and the rod ends on the diff side.

I use just regular old grease ... make sure the zerts are tight. Don't assume they are.

The PHB is a tedious task, requiring you to make several adjustments till you get it right.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For safety's sake, I would much rather you jack up the rear end by the differential housing (being careful not to put the jack on the cover) and put jack stands under the frame where the LCA's connect. Leave the jack supporting the rear end, and you can use the jack to raise and lower the rear end.

I haven't upgraded my LCA's, but everything I've read on the subject suggests you do it with the suspension loaded (i.e. at regular ride height). I did the APHR without the suspension loaded, because I didn't want the jack moving side to side while I got it into position, then I loaded it to double-check.

-Mike