Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

who makes the biggest rotor

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default who makes the biggest rotor

Out of all the companies i was wondering who makes the biggest rotor. Im looking for the rotor alone, not a rotor in a brake setup. I saw LG offered a 13" rotor but i was wondering how much bigger a Bear Eradispeed or KVR rotor is compared to stock.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What are you trying to do? You'll need adaptors or a brake kit to fit the larger rotors on your car. 13" is about as large as you can usually go without going to 18" rims.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

im not trying to do anything i just asked a ? i dont know if the replacement rotors you get are stock size, if not then what are the biggest i can get or are all aftermarket rotors (only) the same size.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:44 PM
TECH Junkie

By definition "replacement" rotors should be stock size (12" for an F-body). Beyond that there are "upgrades", which could be larger or otherwise altered from stock. Not sure I understand the question, though In general, you can subtract about 4" from the wheel diameter to determine what's the max rotor dia. you can fit...
Old 02-04-2005, 10:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 6']['9
im not trying to do anything i just asked a ? i dont know if the replacement rotors you get are stock size, if not then what are the biggest i can get or are all aftermarket rotors (only) the same size.
No problem. When I said "what are you trying to do", I was trying to find out if you wanted to upgrade to larger rotors, or were going racing, etc. It was just a "fact finding" question.

Rotors go to 15.5" and possibly larger.

As far as replacement rotors. They will all be the same size. If you used a larger rotor, you'd need to move the caliper to fit that rotor, which would require a "brake kit" (adaptor) or some sort. So, stock replacements will be basically a 12" rotor (for ls1) and that's all that will fit (on a otherwise unmodified brake system).

I hope that made sense.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:13 PM
Launching!

Just FYI but Eradispeeds are stock size. Baer's GT+ system seems to be pretty popular although I would personally go with the rotors and get some calipers from a C5 since they are the same as the Baer's PBR's 2 piston design. A whole lot cheaper that way. And I just bought the eradispeeds for my car (I got a killer deal on them and couldn't turn it down).
Old 02-05-2005, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by trackbird
No problem. When I said "what are you trying to do", I was trying to find out if you wanted to upgrade to larger rotors, or were going racing, etc. It was just a "fact finding" question.

Rotors go to 15.5" and possibly larger.

As far as replacement rotors. They will all be the same size. If you used a larger rotor, you'd need to move the caliper to fit that rotor, which would require a "brake kit" (adaptor) or some sort. So, stock replacements will be basically a 12" rotor (for ls1) and that's all that will fit (on a otherwise unmodified brake system).

I hope that made sense.

thanks yeah i was ?ing the replacement rotors. You answered it dead on.

Sorry its been a long day.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

No problem at all.

Quick Reply: who makes the biggest rotor