Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS in the front but not in back?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 12:55 AM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ABS in the front but not in back?

when i did my rearend install i chose not to have the ABS and also installed the wilwood brakes... does this mean i have ABS in the front and not the back?

I ask this because today i finally got my M/T DR's on and tried to warm them up (spin em) but my back tires never turned over very fast... it felt like my back brakes were locking up harder than my front breaks... could this be when the brakes were installed they were installed too "tight" or is it just the ABS working in the front and not the back

by the way even with out the burn out those M/T's (255/50/16) hook up... damn! barely spun them....

Tyler
Old 02-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Teching In

Did you remove the ASR sensors? I removed mine & that caused my ASR INOP light to come on. Your ABS will still work if you removed the ASR sensors.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:20 PM
7 Second Club

my ASR light is on and my ABS INOP is on... i was asking if my front brakes could have ABS and my back brakes not have ABS? is that possible?

Tyler
Old 02-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Banned

The ABS unit also takes care of brake proportioning. So, you no longer have any brake proportioning so your rear will receive the same brake fluid pressure as the front. Hence, your rear is going to lock up first and cause you to spin.

I hope your not going to drive it on the street like that.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:55 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gregg_98TA
The ABS unit also takes care of brake proportioning. So, you no longer have any brake proportioning so your rear will receive the same brake fluid pressure as the front. Hence, your rear is going to lock up first and cause you to spin.

I hope your not going to drive it on the street like that.
yup... on the street.. drove it on the rain already... drove just fine actually... just gotta be carefull... just like the old days with no ABS... I've got a line lock on the way so im not worried about the burnouts any more... that'll fix it

Thanks,

Tyler