Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Opinions/Thoughts on BMR Torque Arm (non-adjustable) Please...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions/Thoughts on BMR Torque Arm (non-adjustable) Please...

I honestly haven't read too many personal reviews/thoughts on the non-adjustable torque arm from BMR. Well I have it (along with a couple other parts) sitting in my room, awaiting installation when the car comes outta storage.

Anyways, the suspension is stock, and I don't plan on lowering it at all, so I didn't need to hassle with the adjustable TA's. I know that factory torque arms are considered "weak, flexible, and robbing of h.p. to the ground". So with that, I just have a few questions then about my BMR TA:

1. With what the stock TA's are considered, what exactly will I NOTICE or FEEL with the new TA? Will it help just my 60'ers? Will it help all the way down the 1/4? Should I feel any change in the chassis?

2. I'll be installing it myself to save some bucks. I'm pretty novice when it comes to installing parts myself, but how hard are the TA's to install right the first time since they're just direct bolt-ins?

I'm really hoping to atleast get some views on Question 1 if anything else. Thanks a lot in advance for anyone who adds their input; it'll be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:35 PM
11 Second Club

^ I have the same questions.

Jump in someone!
Old 02-14-2005, 01:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I installed one last August, the install was fairly straight forward and not too hard. The biggest pain is getting the mount off the transmission tail housing and then grinding the rivets out of the stock front bushing to remove it and install the new one (you cannot use the stock one). You'll also need a second floor jack handy to bring the pinion angle back up so you can bolt on the new arm if you install it *** backwards like I did! Anyway, I had 29 passes on the stock arm and about 6 on the new one, no difference. Waste of money at my power level imo. Hope this helps!
Old 02-14-2005, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i got the same thing about 4 months ago.... paid 169$ , at EAD on sale....thats why i got it!!!! i did the install my self, but i had accsess to a lift which made it alot easier, but it was a pain in the ***.....

at the time if install i allready had LCA, PHB, SFC, STB.... and that day i installed the TQ arm and a 25mm rear sway....

after the install the rear felt ALOT tighter... when i launched it felt like there was NO movement in the rear.... i can now launch with alittle more throttle and it goes straight and feals alot more solid.......

i like it alot!

heres some pics......
Attached Thumbnails Opinions/Thoughts on BMR Torque Arm (non-adjustable) Please...-smalltq.jpg   Opinions/Thoughts on BMR Torque Arm (non-adjustable) Please...-smallrear.jpg   Opinions/Thoughts on BMR Torque Arm (non-adjustable) Please...-smallrear1.jpg   Opinions/Thoughts on BMR Torque Arm (non-adjustable) Please...-smallcut1.jpg   Opinions/Thoughts on BMR Torque Arm (non-adjustable) Please...-smallcut2.jpg  

Old 02-14-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, that's primarily why I bought it now instead of later, because it was on sale at EAD Performance, and I figured I might as well get it now while it's on sale.

I'll have access to a lift, so that'll definitely help. I just hope I do it right.

M6HuggerSS, did you notice a weight difference between the stock TA and the BMR unit? IMO, the BMR feels pretty hefty, but I dunno how it compares to the stock one. I just don't wanna be adding a lot more weight while my car isn't increasing any in power.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

M6HuggerSS, did you notice a weight difference between the stock TA and the BMR unit?
the BMR is not as heavy as you think... the stocker isnt much lighter than the BMR...

to me its only worth the $$$ if you get a good price on one..... llike i said, under 175$
you cant beat it.... other peoples TQ arms can be $300+ , !!!!!

in that case, safe your $$$. but the BMR's are well worth the cost!
Old 02-18-2005, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ Sweet. I feel a bit better now, thanks! And yeah, for the price, and because I planned on getting one later anyways, I definitely feel I got my money's worth (hopefully, I still have yet to install it and see if anything noticeable has changed).

Quick Reply: Opinions/Thoughts on BMR Torque Arm (non-adjustable) Please...