Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

G2s, BMR, or Hotchkis springs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default G2s, BMR, or Hotchkis springs?

This car is my daily driver. We have some VERY rough roads around here and I DO plan on getting pacesetter longtubes this summer.

Right now I have 17 inch ZR1s but plan on going to some HP Evo 18 x 9s all the way around this summer as well.

I think a Pro-Kit would be too much and I've heard they have sagging problems.

Which springs of the above would you recommend for my application. Hardly EVER sees track use, mainly just a street/stoplight cruiser.

I will be replacing the shocks either right when I do the springs, or shortly after. Will be going with Koni SAs or Bilstein HDs.

Thanks for your time. I have searched and came across mixed opinions and other comparisons, just none that would narrow it down to the 3 I have in mind.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Bmr's are more for drag use... lg's are for mainly autox use and looks, i would reccomend the hotchkiss because they are more of a good performing street
Old 02-20-2005, 12:34 AM
Launching!

www.ground-control.com get the coilover kit, and it lets you decide what you want. I live in shitty Buffalo with the kit and 550 lbs/in fronts, 150 lbs/in linear rate rear with Koni yellows and 1LE sways. The wheel tires are 285/35R18 on 18x10s. Its a bit stiff, but a 500 front/125 rear would proably be just right.

I had the SLP spec Eibach's before and they road real nice and only dropped it about 1.25" max., that might be the best for ya since they are a little higher then the Pro-kit.

Never road with Hotchkis but had some of there other stuff before and they sell some quality stuff.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

BMRs are not for drag use, whatsoever. I am not very happy with my BMRs.

The G2s might be too low for you with bad roads and headers.

My recommendation from those 3 springs would be the Hotchkis.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

A lot of people on here seem to really like the G2's from the searches I've done. I just installed BMR's on my TA and I like the stance. Unfortunately I've only gotten to drive it twice due to weather, but know I really need to ditch the stock shocks now. Cornering is quite better, rear end feels perfect to me, front end now feels like the struts are worn out (I get 1 bounce after hitting a bump). Assume it's due to stock shocks, but only time will tell.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok maybe i worded that wrong, when i say more for drag use, i mean, they are oriented and designed around that but are fine for street use either way for your goals the hotchkiss would work best. If you want to go a little lower then that then i'd say go for the Lg hypercoils, but your going to have to watch your driving, especially with long tubes.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

Appreciate the responses.

Will be going with the Hotchkis springs.

Would those along with some Bilstein HDs from thunder work out nicely? Really don't want to spend 500+ on shocks.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Also, is Tbyrne the cheapest place to find the Hotchkis springs? I see them for 199 there. Thanks
Old 02-20-2005, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

The Hotchkis/Bilstein combo will be alright on a daily driver. Make sure to do them at the same time so you can only do the install once.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

When you say it will be alright. Would a different shock be better for the springs?
Old 02-20-2005, 04:46 PM
TECH Addict

Revalved Bilsteins or Koni SAs would be more fitting, but in your situation, you might never reap the benefits of those.