Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Can you re-install SFCs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can you re-install SFCs?

I am pretty sure that my SFCs were installed with the suspension unloaded. I don't know for certain, but is there any way to adjust that or is it a one time shot? They are the weld-in boxed BMRs.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im takeing a guess here, which is not what your looking for, but if the body shops can break down a car and weld the cars frame back together, you should have no problem unwelding your sub frame connnecters and welding/installing them correctly. But first get the facts, before taking them off. Also, why do you think they were welded with the suspension unloaded?
Old 02-24-2005, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would also like to know.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I do not think that I would reweld them. If they are on I would leave them alone. I think it is better to weld them loaded but I would think that many have be done that way.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

How would they be installed with the suspension unloaded? wouldnt the lift be in the way if the picked it up by the chassis?
Old 03-16-2005, 12:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I found out that mine were installed with the suspension unloaded. The car was put on a lift while the back part of the SFC was bolted in, then it was lowered and the SFC was swung above the lift arms on the lift. Then when the car was up in the air again, everything was welded on. What should I do? If I decide to have a shop fix it, what SHOULD they charge because they will have to break the welds that are on there now. Also, will the SFCs be not as rigid (or twisted) because they have been welded up on an unloaded suspension for so long? (Not sure if I am asking that right? )
Old 03-17-2005, 01:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

get a dremal, rotozip or other small wheel tool adapter and be patience and cut the welds yourself, I belive with a little patience you can do this.

Quick Reply: Can you re-install SFCs?