Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Still Having Brake Issues HELP!!!!!!!!

Old 02-25-2005, 01:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still Having Brake Issues HELP!!!!!!!!

Well guys id like to really know what would cause the wheel to vibrate alot from high speeds that and well i have the whole pedal pulse thing yet i never really seen a warped rotor to know what it would look like so if anyone can help me with these issues id appreciate it . thanx
Old 02-25-2005, 09:54 AM
11 Second Club

there is no visual evidence you can see with the naked eye when a rotor is warped. only way you can see something visual is hook up a dial indicator and measure for runout.
theres a about a 99.9% chance that if your pulsating/vibrating when you applied the brakes, your rotors are warped. warped rotors is about as common as an oil change on f-bodies.
if your also getting a vibration while driving highway speeds than you may also have a bad tire or a tire that may simply be out of balance.
when replaceing rotors, stay away from the cheapies cause your gnna run intot he same concern after a short time.
hope this helps...goodluck.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

I dont get vibration during high way speeds i get vibration while braking from high speeds like getting off the freeway i have a led foot so i usually do 100+ on the freeway so then when say i get on the off ramp and start braking the wheel vibrates what might be the cause ?
Old 02-26-2005, 04:13 AM
On The Tree

common guys plz someone has to know this .. im sure.. plus im close to getting my tax return and i want to see if i can get a ram air hood or if i have to do a brake job.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking

I had the same thing on my 2001 last year. High speeds stops were murder. I almost bought new rotors. I removed the tires and checked the brakes. Everything looked OK. I torqued the lug nuts to 100 lbs and have not had a problem since. I always make sure all wheels are torqued to 100 lbs especially after having them rotated or balanced. Most places say they torque them but do not do a good job of it.

Bill
Old 02-28-2005, 04:36 PM
11 Second Club

rotors are warped!!.....replace your rotors and you'll be fine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Still Having Brake Issues HELP!!!!!!!!