Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

people with the prokit need advice/info

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 12:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow people with the prokit need advice/info

i want to drop my car with the pro kit and i want to know what i really need. dod i need a panrod bar or a special allignment like the shops call it. i think they mean my tierods. what did you guys do any info will help
Old 02-28-2005, 01:28 AM
TECH Regular

:no: i didn't get anything realigned....if you take it somewheres they will undo the (sorry im not good w/ vehicle lingo here) bar that connects the tires because it will make it alot easier and faster to put the shock back in. If that isn't undone you wont need to realign it.

Far as a panhard, sway bars, control arms, strut tower brace those are all helpful with ride quality and will help. The one thing I would say get for sure is new shocks ASAP. I didn't really notice the ride quality until later on but its alot more bouncy than it was at stock.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

I HAD to get some new front shocks since the upper strut mount makes a cup for some stupid reason..... and the nut rusts so you can't break it loose from the strut shaft. So I had to cut the shaft.

Yes, I would get an alignment ASAP. An alignment takes care of the way the tires sit in relation to the road. If you don't get it aligned, you will go through front tires like no other..... the inside will wear more than the outside since it has so much camber. You know when you see a bagged truck rolling down the road and the top of the tire points inward? Basically this is what you will get when you lower your car, but on a much smaller scale.

If you race the car at all, I would at least get lower control arms and relocation brackets.... which solve the wheelhop problem most lowered cars seem to be plagued with. You don't really NEED a panhard rod, I've had the pro-kit on my car for at least a year now and have yet to buy one. All a panhard rod does is center the rear end under the car. I don't really need one since my rear end is fairly centerd under the car. But as a safety precaution, I would go ahead and buy one.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Staging Lane

so its not a special allignment for the fact i am dropping the car its just a regular alignment. the reason i asked about the panrod bar is because thunder racing has the purchase for springs rod bar and lower control arms. i was wondering if i should just get that package or not. damm budget.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:06 PM
TECH Addict

Yes, it is just a regular alignment.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:11 AM
TECH Addict

if u change shocks, which u really should, u need a front end alignment. and yes, u will want an adjustable panhard rod to recenter the rear end. but u will hear from some that u will need lca relocation brackets.....not true.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Wickid Z
if u change shocks, which u really should, u need a front end alignment. and yes, u will want an adjustable panhard rod to recenter the rear end. but u will hear from some that u will need lca relocation brackets.....not true.
The control arms didn't solve my wheelhop problem.... however, the relocation brackets did.

Quick Reply: people with the prokit need advice/info