Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Which after market strut and shock provide best ride?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which after market strut and shock provide best ride?

Whats going on ya'll? I currently have an Eibach Pro Kit and KYB Agx Struts and shocks? Was curious to what is better. In your opinion or personal experience which has the best (smooth) ride quality and, takes bumps (damepening) the best? Thanks in advance for the advice!

Last edited by The Golden One; 03-09-2005 at 11:53 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:26 PM
Banned

SLP bilsteins ride well on the street. Bilstein HD are somewhat tighter but still aren't valved correctly for racing, so I've heard.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:42 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Here are a couple threads that should help:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ht=strano+koni
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ht=strano+koni
Old 03-17-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Glad VIP1 found my old posts

To follow up - I think I ended up with as comfortable a ride as you can get in an F-Body. I'm still very pleased with my Strano setup at 121K miles.

I did have one issue, the front Koni SAs failed for an unknown reason. The passenger side had a lack of damping and the adjustment wheel would no longer stop at full soft or full hard. The Drivers side adjustment wheel wouldn't turn at all. Koni is currently processing my warranty claim, they ask you to send a copy of the original sales receipt, copy of the vehicle registration (to weed out the pure race cars), and then they will ship you a new set of shocks at half of list. You install the new ones, send them the old ones, and they examine them to determine if the failure is waranted. If it is, they refund your credit card. If it's not, you got a new set of shocks for half of list price.

I've got the new shocks on and Koni has had my old ones for about a week, I'm still waiting to hear if they are covered under the lifetime warranty. Hopefully they will be, and I'll get my $322 back. If not, I got a new set of shocks for half price so it's not the end of the world. Switching to a shock other than Koni is no longer an option for me, I love the way the car feels and the way it looks with stock springs on the lower perch. So I hope my failure was an isolated incident, rather than a sign that Konis are unreliable.

I set the new ones to three turns away from full soft. Feels great, although I'm toying with the idea of one more turn away from full soft, just to see what happens :-)
Old 03-17-2005, 07:49 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by TTopJohn
Glad VIP1 found my old posts

To follow up - I think I ended up with as comfortable a ride as you can get in an F-Body. I'm still very pleased with my Strano setup at 121K miles.
I remember the threads and went looking for them. I'm glad I found them because this question comes up from time to time.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

I didn't know Koni had a life time warranty. I have a set sitting here that I'm installing next week with my BMR springs
Old 03-18-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like my SLP Bilsteins. The rears retain the HD setting but the fronts were revalved to SLP's specifications for a somewhat softer ride. I've had HD Bilsteins in my 2 previous rides and these are by far the most comfortable so far.

Quick Reply: Which after market strut and shock provide best ride?