Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How many of you lowered your car with the stock shocks and found it to be livable?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 01:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many of you lowered your car with the stock shocks and found it to be livable?

The reason I ask is that I want to ditch the 4x4 look but I just bought the car and I don't have the dough for the lowering kit and shocks right now. I was thinking about buying the Eibach Pro-Kit with the adjustable PHB and relocation brackets soon and then buying shocks down the road. Has anyone done this and found the ride quality to be livable with the stock shocks? I don't want to end up hating the car until I get the money. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:35 AM
On The Tree

Can't speak on the Pro-Kit but I've got BMR with the stock shocks. It is liveable, but not preferrable. It'll be my next mod.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Addict

I didn't change shocks when I got my BMRs and it was AWFUL, IMO. The first few miles was okay, but it went downhill quickly.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

im on sportlines and stock shocks but then again my car is not a daily driver. im pretty aware of where I'm taking my car and what the roads are like so I don't really have any problem living with my stock shocks right now, its bearable for me. I've got a phb that I need to install but Im waiting on some more cash to come in so I can do new shocks at the same time.

To sum things up here... I can live with my setup right now and for some time down the future. I drove my car quite a bit last summer and not too much to complain about. Just drive with care
Old 03-17-2005, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the MAC springs with the stock shocks. I've been driving it for a few years now. It's not my dialy driver though. I does rider stiffer.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

all this talk about how rough the stock shocks are with lowering springs makes me feel like Im really missing out on something.. i have nothing to compare it to tho since i still have the stockers
Old 03-18-2005, 07:05 AM
12 Second Club

Mine are OK with BMR. They have less than 5000 miles on them though.