Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stange manual brake kit problems!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 09:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stange manual brake kit problems!

Well I got the manual master cylinder mounted and the lines run this weekend, but I had a problem when trying to hook up the swivel ball end on the end of the rod comming out of the master cylinder to the brake pedal. The inside diameter of the ball is smaller than the shaft on my brake pedal. Has anyone else had this problem? I tryed to drill it out but kept burning up drill bits. That metal is very hard. Maybe there are different sizes between the lt1 and ls1 pedals? Im not sure but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Billy
Old 03-21-2005, 10:19 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by bc56f100
Well I got the manual master cylinder mounted and the lines run this weekend, but I had a problem when trying to hook up the swivel ball end on the end of the rod comming out of the master cylinder to the brake pedal. The inside diameter of the ball is smaller than the shaft on my brake pedal. Has anyone else had this problem? I tryed to drill it out but kept burning up drill bits. That metal is very hard. Maybe there are different sizes between the lt1 and ls1 pedals? Im not sure but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Billy
At least you got a ball! I GOT A THREADED ROD WITH NO END!! I called them and they said to just fab one up. I wouldn't call that a "kit". They are just selling parts for you to fab up. It should be listed as INCOMPLETE kit for LS1. You have to fab up parts to make it work. BTW how do you like how you have to shim the master to get the angle right to the break pedal?
Old 03-21-2005, 10:24 AM
I ruin the end of films...

Do you have an LS1 or LT1?

Ohhh, shimming the master cylinder. Such custom work. At least Billingsley is offering it. I'd love to see the reposnse if you had to fab it up as it comes from Strange.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well I have an lt1 car with ls1 pedals. I did notice that angle was way off from the pedal. Will I have to just put some shims on the bottom two bolts to make the angle right? My instructions had a couple different part numbers on it. And I did get it from Billingsley Racing. Thanks

Billy
Old 03-21-2005, 10:33 AM
I ruin the end of films...

Didn't know the LT and LS pedals were different. New to me.

Call Jay up and tell him the situation.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Launching!

I'm pretty sure that you need to raise the mounting location up about 1" from the stock location. Which means you will need to drill a hole in your brake arm and use a bolt to hold it all together. This should take care of your angle problem as well as your ball being too small.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok well that should work. As long as it will fully compress the master cylinder seeings how the geometry will be a little different. I dont see a problem though. Ill try that and let yall know how it worked. Thanks

Billy
Old 03-21-2005, 11:34 AM
10 Second Moderator

I bought the Billingsley kit. Went together like fallin off a log. They have all to finnish the job and look "fabricated custom" but you only have to drill one hole in the petal arm. Rest is bolt together cake walk. Good luck, Tom
Old 03-21-2005, 11:42 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by mongse
Do you have an LS1 or LT1?

Ohhh, shimming the master cylinder. Such custom work. At least Billingsley is offering it. I'd love to see the reposnse if you had to fab it up as it comes from Strange.
It's in the car STROKE! It's not a bolt in or a complete kit. When I called tech to see if was missing any parts he said " It's out of a Dodge, it's the closest thing". Go and find your car.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bc56f100

Billy
Pm Sent
Old 03-21-2005, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Billingsley Racing
Pm Sent

Saving the day once again, huh Jay?

Quick Reply: Stange manual brake kit problems!