Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

2-piece Eradispeed OWNERS... step inside!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2-piece Eradispeed OWNERS... step inside!

I'm not looking for a severly better performing rotor. I am looking at the 2 piece Eradispeeds b/c they look fantastic and hopefully they dont warp as bad as the stockers. Yes I realize what they cost and the other arguments on them. Oh, and YES, I realize these are not miracle brake that will make a world of stopping improvement.

Owners...

How long have you had them?
How has your experience been?
Any other opinions on them since you have used them?
what kind of driving do you do?(f.e.:hardcore track, drag, road race, street)

Thanks a bunch.

Brandon
Old 03-23-2005, 10:13 PM
11 Second Club

I got them about two and a half years ago. They are still holding up just great. They have seen the auto-x courses and plenty of time on the street and strip.

They look fantastic for sure. If I had to do it over again it would depend. I ended up going more drag than auto-x/street. With drag rims you won't even see them and it will be a while before I can get some nice 18"s that show them off nice.

As far as better stopping I'd say it is all in the pads you pick at that point. I don't have plus size rotors but I went with the Hawk HPS pads and it works just fine. The hubs don't rust if you get everything coated and the only rust you'll get is on the swept area (comes off when you drive).

great looking and preform/hold-up well. Just got to ask it it is worth the cash is all.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:51 PM
TECH Resident

thanks for your input!

anyone else? Im sure there are more owners on this board.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have them. They are way overpriced jewelry, but that is the design of my car. I love em. Performance wise is hard for me since I have 13" brakes vrs stock 12" so they stop great. I'm not into any heavy duty use, but I'm happy.

Old 03-25-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
I have them. They are way overpriced jewelry, but that is the design of my car. I love em. Performance wise is hard for me since I have 13" brakes vrs stock 12" so they stop great. I'm not into any heavy duty use, but I'm happy.

I want to go that route as well. Can i get a bracket or something for my ls1 calipers? Or what do i need?

Thanks
Brandon
Old 03-26-2005, 01:00 AM
TECH Resident

I've had mine since they were first released (what...almost three years or so now) and they have held up great. Cured the warping issue 100%. Pricey? Yes, but anything good 'aint cheap as we all know. I'd get them again in a minute.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Teching In

I have them and love them, I have neer been able to understand why people buy "Cheap machined rotors" when they can buy the Eradispeeds wich are cast for the slots and drills. I also did not buy the Eradispeed for looks but for performance, I have always thought everyone spends a $$$$ to get there car to get that little bit extra power, but usually skimp on the brakes. My advice is get the Eradispeeds for up front, dont need them in the rear unless you just want them for looks. I am sure you will be happy with the rotors. Also make sure you spend the money to get a set of GOOD pads ie:Hawk/Quite stop performance or similar, they may cost 3 times as much but it s well worth it.
Kevin

Quick Reply: 2-piece Eradispeed OWNERS... step inside!