Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

If not road racing, really need adj panhard & relo brackets?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If not road racing, really need adj panhard & relo brackets?

Looking at new shocks and springs for the ussual reasons. I keep hearing you "need" the above to do it right. Is that correct? This car is a weekend fun car, to the track 2-3 times a year and thats it.

What are pros and cons?

Thanks.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If lowering a car then it is advised to get an adjustable panhard, for alligning the rear end after lowering the car - the rear end gets misaligned when lowering the cars rear, which the adjustable panhard lets you correct.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Relo bracket's are a MUST. You will lose all kinds of traction and get a massive amount of wheel-hop. Just get the bolt-in BMR's. They are fine as for the Bolt-in Weld-in argument. As for the panhard rod option. Yes and no. Yes your rear end will be out of alignment. But I've ran my car about 20K miles lowered on the pro-kit with the stock panhard bar with no problems. It would be nice to have though. Hope this helps.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For me, I had to have the APHR with Fikse rims once I lowered on Eibach's. The offset of the rims forced you to be very precise. With the relo brackets, to reiiterate you need it to gain traction back.

Basically the LCA's are parallel to the ground BEFORE lowering; once you lower you need the brackets to make the LCA's parallel again.

Quick Reply: If not road racing, really need adj panhard & relo brackets?