Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Can't reinstall factory LCA

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 02:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Can't reinstall factory LCA

Has anyone ever had a problem putting in the front bolt for an LCA? I'm in the middle of installing my SLP SFCs and thats the last thing thats keeping me from getting the driver side done. The LCA hole will not line up w/ the hole in the chassis. Is there something I can loosen to give me that extra 1/8" or so, to get the bolt holes to line up?
Old 03-28-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I usually install that bolt first (but not tight) and then install the rest of the connector. You may have to loosen the other bolts (if it's a bolt in SFC) and install that bolt, then re-tighten the rest of it.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might have the move the rear end around. I had to do some prying on the tire and the wheel well to get mine to go back in. Another pair of hands is helpful.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FBDYLVR
Has anyone ever had a problem putting in the front bolt for an LCA? I'm in the middle of installing my SLP SFCs and thats the last thing thats keeping me from getting the driver side done. The LCA hole will not line up w/ the hole in the chassis. Is there something I can loosen to give me that extra 1/8" or so, to get the bolt holes to line up?
Also, check that the SFC's are laying flush up against the underside of the body. Sometimes, the bolt-hole will have a "lip" that you may have to grind down in order to get the SFC's to lay flush (I did). Once you grind that down a little, everything should line up much better.

FWIW, it took me an hour to figure this out when I installed my SLP SFC's!

EDIT - this is assuming you start w/ the front-bolt (like trackbird suggested)

Good luck!
-Andy
Old 03-29-2005, 10:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put that bolt in and welded mine in place. The holes don't line up well and I have to "unscrew" my LCA bolts from the SFC to get it out. It's not lined up really well and it's a pain to remove it.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DONE! I had to jack the rear end off the ramps and mess with it, but the holes finally lined up. As for the lip on the chassis, I used the BFH mod to get it to the point where it would bolt up nicely. I didn't have a grinder/dremel on hand, so 2 of the middle (trans tunnel brace) bolts didn't get put in, but I figure since the car has SFCs, those 2 bolts shouldn't make too much of a difference.