Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Whats your thoughts on Baer GT+ and Rear Eradispeed Rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Question Whats your thoughts on Baer GT+ and Rear Eradispeed Rotors?

I can get Baer GT+ for the front plus rear Eradispeed Rotors and Hawk brake pads for around 1,180 shipped. But read that some people dont think this set up really works that well. Mainly more for looks then stopping power and cross drilled will make the rotor weaker? Is there a better set up for me?

I am basicly looking for a bigger rotor, more stopping power (doesnt have to be a hugh difference then stock just better), and look nice. So far I think this is pretty good but have never had this set up so I could be wrong. Whats your thoughts if you have this set up or had it

How long does it take to install and was it pretty simple?

thanks
Old 03-29-2005, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run that same setup and LOVE it. Have never had any brake fade or "cracking". The Baer rotors are designed from the drawing table to have the slots and drills unlike others that machine a rotor to have the slots/drills that they were never ment to have in the first place. Baer/Eradispeed are cast that way from the get go. I would personally highly reccomend them. Just my .02 worth. But you know what they say about opinions! And in my opinion and easy install maybe a 3-4 on a ten scale.
Kevin
Old 03-29-2005, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have it all sitting in my basement waiting for a free weekent to be installed. I'll be sure to post about them when I get it all done.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Teching In

I'm sure you will love them Fast!
Old 03-29-2005, 08:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just installed baer eradispeed lites on front, tbyrne backordered 14 inch rears, no time on them to let you know how they work, but they look cool
Old 03-29-2005, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have that exact kit and I love mine as well. Great stopping power, no fade, in fact the stop better as you heat them up more, and no cracks. Plus the have a lifetime guaruntee. If they do warp or crack they get replaced for free.

My only regret is that I didnt get them sooner.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cicerofire
I run that same setup and LOVE it. Have never had any brake fade or "cracking". The Baer rotors are designed from the drawing table to have the slots and drills unlike others that machine a rotor to have the slots/drills that they were never ment to have in the first place. Baer/Eradispeed are cast that way from the get go. I would personally highly reccomend them. Just my .02 worth. But you know what they say about opinions! And in my opinion and easy install maybe a 3-4 on a ten scale.
Kevin
I'm sorry man, but all baer rotors are DRILLED. There are only a few rotors that have the holes cast in them. Such as the porsche ones. All baer rotors are made with then the holes drilled. Whoever told you they were cast was feeding you a load of BS. Anyway. for the price the C5 upgrade kit from LG is cheaper and you have more rotor choices.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jargan04
I'm sorry man, but all baer rotors are DRILLED. There are only a few rotors that have the holes cast in them. Such as the porsche ones. All baer rotors are made with then the holes drilled. Whoever told you they were cast was feeding you a load of BS. Anyway. for the price the C5 upgrade kit from LG is cheaper and you have more rotor choices.
Is the LG C5 kit about $800 shipped for 2 piece slotted and drilled 13.125 rotors, vette calipers, brackets, lines, pads, etc?
That's what this kit cost me on sale for just the front.
$1100 is for the above plus the rear slotted and drilled rotors with pads and 4 of Earl's solo bleeders.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jargan04
You may want to re-read my post. I did not state that they are cast with the slots and drills in them, only that they are cast with having them drilled in the design from the get go. Most other rotors you see are basicaly Brembo blanks that are then milled. I have been doing this 38 yrs and think I know what I am talking about. Please check out this link and read what it says about Baer rotors.
Kevin
Old 03-31-2005, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like this is the kit for me. I thought about C5 conversion but $800 for just the fronts
would rather pay $300 more for the rear and brake pads.

anyone know how long it takes to install them?

thanks
Old 03-31-2005, 10:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Install is not that hard. I had mine done in a day by myself in a garage on jack stands, going slow, cleaning and detailing as I went.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WICKED SS
looks like this is the kit for me. I thought about C5 conversion but $800 for just the fronts
would rather pay $300 more for the rear and brake pads.

anyone know how long it takes to install them?

thanks
The brackets are $250. All you need is the brackets and rotors. You can use anything for the cheapest C5 rotor to the most expensive. You dont need to change pads, lines or calipers. All you need is the brackets and whatever C5front rotors you want.

Last edited by jargan04; 03-31-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Teching In

I have the GT+ setup on the fronts of a '98 Z28. I ordered them with the solid rotors, no holes or slots which I think are more for looks. I was sick of the stock brakes and warped rotors. I've also got a '96 vette that uses similar PBR calipers and rotor sizes and I like them.

Yes you can piece everything together your self and save a little but the Baer kit was very inclusive and they look pretty good too. Going to the larger rotors required at least 17" wheels. !7x9.5x56mm Polished ZR1's took care of that. I rarely get to use the braking ability the car has now.

The Z28 is my daily driver but does have suspension mods and long tube headers/cats/stock exhaust.

Quick Reply: Whats your thoughts on Baer GT+ and Rear Eradispeed Rotors?