Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strange sound during breaking, help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 02:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Strange sound during breaking, help please

So yet another problem , but i guess that comes w/125k, When im breaking and coming to a stop my car makes a sound almost like an owl that increases in length as i come to a stop, similar to a flap hitting the wheel as it slows down (sorry for the horrible explanation, but it is hard to even imitate in person) My parents suburban made a similar sound but they were told it is the front differential, and im pretty sure i dont have one of those, it is coming from the front center of the car, im guessing right in front of the transmission, if anybody can help i'd really appreciate it! thanks
Old 04-19-2005, 10:54 PM
10 Second Club

Could this be a hub/hub bearing?
Old 04-20-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm, an owl hunh? Have you actually popped the hood and looked for an owl in there? Seriously. Also is there any vibration in the steering wheel? Does the pedal fell like it vibrates when you press it and the car does this? Reason I ask about the owl is i heard a story of a woman who went to a mechanic complaining of a sound coming from the back of the car. She was qouted as saying "It sounds like a bowling ball rowling around in the back of my car." what do you know, there was her sons damn bowling ball in the trunk, LOL.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:21 AM
10 Second Club

lol, hmm, i dont know about the steering wheel, but the pedal does when i push it
Old 04-20-2005, 08:21 AM
10 Second Club

lol, hmm, i dont know about the steering wheel, but the pedal does when i push it, i also replaced the passenger side hub a week ago (with a used one) and it sounds like that is where its coming from