Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

uneven tire wear

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default uneven tire wear

I had my car aligned about 10,000 miles ago after putting mac springs and Qa1's on and lowering the car about 1.75 inches. The alignment shop has the camber set at neg .9 and told me the camber adjustment is maxed out so they cannot bring it closer to zero which I guess is better for high performance driving which I do all of the time the only problem is my new Kuhmo MX's are prematurely wearing on the inside on both front tires. Will neg .9 of camber cause the uneven wear? Is there anything I can do to reduce the camber without having to raise the front? Thanks for any input.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how does your toe and caster look like???
Old 06-05-2005, 01:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ its my understanding that caster wouldn't matter, because it is just the relationship with how the angle of the steering knuckle intersects with the road. which wouldn'tmake any difference in how the tire contacts the road.

i think -.9 camber would be enough to make a noticable tire wear difference. but if your toe is off, that would accelerate the wear on the inside of your tires even more.

i don't know how true it is, but i've heard that there is a kit that you can get so that you can adjust your camber to more of an extreme. it would definately be something worth it for you to check into.