Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

h&r springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default h&r springs

I'm looking into picking up a set of h&r springs for cheap but wanted to know how the ride quality was and if anybody could post pics of their car (preferably a camaro) on h&r springs.
Thanks.

Tried doing a search but nothing came up.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I went with hotchkis springs instead. I was too worried about the h&r springs being too low even though I could get them cheap.

rksport.com has them under their blowout section for 98-02 ls1 camaros. They run 149.00 plus whatever they charge for shipping and tax if you live in Cali. I contacted them through e-mail and they said that the only reason price was so cheap was because they were overstocked. So figure around 200 shipped. After seeing what everybody else was selling them for this is a steal. Just wanted to give a heads up to people interested in some springs.

If you want pics of how they look on a camaro Popular Hot Rodding did a recent article on a camaro with H&R springs. They look like an Eibach pro kit but it seems they don't have the same problems that Eibachs do.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those springs have a pretty high spring rate... 600 front, 200 rear. Thanks for the info btw, I jumped at 'em.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's what they look like on a Camaro.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think they look pretty good. By the way I have a set of ten spokes that I was going to paint black. That would have looked pretty bad ***. I would definitely go with these over the eibachs. Decided to go with the hotchkis though.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98redM6
I think they look pretty good. By the way I have a set of ten spokes that I was going to paint black. That would have looked pretty bad ***. I would definitely go with these over the eibachs. Decided to go with the hotchkis though.
Those wheels are graphite. More of a charcoal, not black.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:35 PM

I had H&R's and I didnt like the ride quality. I went with DMS and I love them!
Old 05-10-2005, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by trackbird
Those wheels are graphite. More of a charcoal, not black.
I was just simply stating that I was going to do something similar, like black. But the graphite does look good on them.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1_SS
Did you add new shocks or did you stick with the stock deCarbons?
Old 05-10-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98redM6
I was just simply stating that I was going to do something similar, like black. But the graphite does look good on them.
I understand. I was just explaining (in case the photo didn't show it well). I think it's hard to see in that photo, they are more of a Z06 color. It sure makes them easy to clean (ok, easy to not bother to clean).

Originally Posted by LS1_SS
The ride on the H&Rs is not bad if you use "enough" shock. They are towards the upper rated limit of a Koni shock, a decarbon or Bilstien HD doesn't have a chance on those springs.

Pimpmaro has been in my car, he can tell you what he thinks. I don't consider it to be too bad.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I guess that's my cue. I thought Trackbird's car rode extremely well. In just normal driving, it felt very smooth to me... almost to the point of being unremarkable. When thrown into corners, it gripped well and stayed extremely stable.

I was impressed enough with these springs to go ahead and pick up a set for myself. Now I just have to wait for shocks before I can throw them in.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Staging Lane

Default Eibach Springs

a friend of mine used to have 1.2 inch eibach springs,they run great with kyp shocks,and its not good to drive it with ur stock shocks because u`ll hurt the bushing,so always think about spring and shocks together......
Old 05-11-2005, 11:25 PM
Launching!

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...page_id=824642
link to some of my pics w/ h&r
Old 05-12-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by xx9666xx
a friend of mine used to have 1.2 inch eibach springs,they run great with kyp shocks,and its not good to drive it with ur stock shocks because u`ll hurt the bushing,so always think about spring and shocks together......
Actually, the problem is not having enough shock rate available to control the higher spring rates. I don't know the exact rates, but I have heard on more than one occasion that the stock shocks are very poorly valved even from the get go.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:56 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

H&R + Revalved Bilsteins work well.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JakeFusion
H&R + Revalved Bilsteins work well.
I've looked into that and it was recommended to me to go up to Koni SAs for the H&R Springs as their rates are so high the bilsteins would have a more difficult time controlling the springs. That's not to say it won't work or work well for that matter... I just think I'm going to play it safe and gain the adjustability of Koni SA's.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by pimpmaro
Actually, the problem is not having enough shock rate available to control the higher spring rates. I don't know the exact rates, but I have heard on more than one occasion that the stock shocks are very poorly valved even from the get go.
thats right so poor,i changed mine and i had problem in my boching so i diecide to stick back with the factory one,because if ur thinking to change springs u have to get the full set,sway bar,control arms,,,,,etc to get the best quality, you can`t just stick with spring ......(and doing all this will cost you around 2500 dollars) its better to throw it in the engine than spending on springs
Old 05-16-2005, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is that english?
Old 05-16-2005, 09:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MarineSS

I swapped out my Hotchkis springs for H&R's and before switching to Koni's, I had Bilsteins. After getting schooled by TrackBird, I was curious to experience the difference in ride quality between Bilsteins and Koni's and the new springs. The difference is night and day. I can't imagine continuing to drive the H&R's and Bilsteins. I can't speak about revalves. My STB, SFC, LCA's, and Panhard are Hotchkis. My TA is Random Tech and my upper Panhard is BMR. I'm still sporting my chrome 10 spokes on Kuhmo MX's and I am pleased as punch

I'm glad to help. Shocks, shocks, shocks. I've said it 100 times (and I'll say it at least one more). It's amazing what they can do.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: h&r springs