Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Spohn crossmember mounted tq arm Q's before buying

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 10:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spohn crossmember mounted tq arm Q's before buying

I have a 2000 Camaro SS. My goal is to have a very good rear suspension for launching, so i can dip into the 11's. So far i got BMR dXtreme duty LCA's, an BMR PH rod. Everything else on the suspension is stock. I plan on upgrading the sway bar later on. As far as performance, I have a moser 12 bolt rear with 3.90's, SLP SFC's, i'm procharged @ 6#, i put down 435rwhp with 404tq, and i have SLP LT's with SLP catted Y Pipe. I have nitrous also, but it's a small shot to cool down the IAT's. I am also on Nitto 555R drags. I am thinking of buying this Spohn crossmember tq arm with poly mounts, front and rear ds loop, mild steel, with crossmember made for long tubes. My car is also a daily driver.

1. How is the performance of this tq arm compared to full length ones? Is this the best tq arm for launching?

2. How would the manners be on the street? i'm getting the poly mounts to minimize the noise and vibrations. How would the ride be affected besides noise.

3. Would this arm with the cross member clear the SLP Y pipe? On the spohn website it says it will, but has anyone tried it on their cars? How about the pipe vibrating against it?

4. What are some of the problems that people have had with this arm?

5. How friendly is it with the 12 bolt? Does it bolt right up?

thanks!
Old 05-14-2005, 08:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a great arm, we put on on a friends car. However, it hits the floor pan and seems to make noise during operation (even when it's not hitting the floor). I have heard this from other users as well. However, there were some changes made to it last year as I remember that may have fixed some of the issues. Check with anyone who has bought on recently and they should know.

Quick Reply: Spohn crossmember mounted tq arm Q's before buying