Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BADZ or NE1 using his LCA's need PN

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 03:50 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BADZ or NE1 using his LCA's need PN

I need to order two new rod ends, so figure might as well get a set of four. Two of them are sloppy as hell, and the other two are still nice and tight, not binding but feels like new. I need to find a PN for QA1 (or comparable) to replace these. Thanks.

Charlie
Old 05-17-2005, 06:18 AM
10 Second Club

I need the samething, mine started making noise a few weeks ago (old style ends). He has teflon lined ends now that are guaranteed to be quiet. Not sure if they are QA1s but hopefully he can get us the info or a price.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unless the size has changed (they were 5/8ths inch ends), it will be a QA1 XMR-10 for a replacement. Just measure the hole and the threaded portion of the existing ends to make sure they are both 5/8". If so, those are good ends that will work well.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:53 AM
Restricted User

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:15 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even the QA1 ends will rattle given enough time...you'll just have to trust me on this one.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Even the QA1 ends will rattle given enough time...you'll just have to trust me on this one.

You are correct. Rod ends are a wear item. Given enough time, wear, dirt, rain, etc. and they will all become noisy. Some just take longer than others.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:14 AM
Restricted User

A slight rattle from normal wear I can appreciate, but when its on for a day or two, hardly any miles and you take the end off and the ball is flopping around in the socket, I dont think thats normal. Matter of fact, I know it aint normal. But, will swap out the 2 soft ones with new ones and have a couple on hand, just another item to take up stock on.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CAT3
A slight rattle from normal wear I can appreciate, but when its on for a day or two, hardly any miles and you take the end off and the ball is flopping around in the socket, I dont think thats normal. Matter of fact, I know it aint normal. But, will swap out the 2 soft ones with new ones and have a couple on hand, just another item to take up stock on.
Jegs sales the QA1 rod ends, they will last much longer then the ones you have.

Ryan
Old 05-18-2005, 09:18 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got my QA1s from them, and they lasted about two months before it drove me nuts. For daily driving, I use poly/poly. If I ever go to the track, the rod-ends will go back in.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:38 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
I got my QA1s from them, and they lasted about two months before it drove me nuts. For daily driving, I use poly/poly. If I ever go to the track, the rod-ends will go back in.
Steve, thats odd

The Rod ends are a wear product so like anything over time they are going to wear. I have had good luck with the QA1's lasting much longer then this. I run Rod ended lower control arms, panhard bar and front upper and lower a-arms almost everyday with a 40 mile drive to the shop one way. Pennsylvania roads are terrible so the ride is rougher or stiffer but noise hasnt been a issue for me daily driving.

But yes over time they will wear out as well as road debris, water, salt ect. will take its toll on them.

Ryan
Old 05-18-2005, 10:42 AM
I ruin the end of films...

I used Auroras for all my stuff. You just have to make sure to get the teflon-lined ends, regardless of who you buy from (QA1, Aurora, Radial Bearing, etc).
Old 05-18-2005, 11:03 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mongse
I used Auroras for all my stuff. You just have to make sure to get the teflon-lined ends, regardless of who you buy from (QA1, Aurora, Radial Bearing, etc).
Yes exactly
Old 05-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Restricted User

I dont know the sizing, guess I could take them apart and have them put on a thread sizer or something. I have the stockers back on now, wheel hop sucks Had Spohn tubular with poly poly, but the damn bushings tend to deform from violent launches, go figure, poly wasnt meant for this particular application!

Quick Reply: BADZ or NE1 using his LCA's need PN