Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Springs and Struts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Springs and Struts?

I have a 2001 SS and I have 17's in the front and 18's in the rear. The rear tires are 295/35/18. Some guy wants to charge me $450 to drop my car 2 inches( my choice of springs: H&R, Eibach, etc) and change my struts(Dont know what struts they are?) and he wants to keep my stock struts. Does that sound right? I dont know crap about Struts. Any suggestions? I just dont want to keep driving w/ my 4X4 camaro.Thanx!
Old 05-20-2005, 03:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Run.... the.... other.....way.....

$450 for the springs and labor is not bad at all. However, the stock dampers more commonly refered to as shocks and struts (although we don't actually have a strut setup on the 93+ cars) suck. Do not install lowering springs with OEM shocks.

You have a lot of options from lowering springs to coil-overs to shocks that can lower the car a little as well without springs (that'd be Koni shocks), and get you a much better ride and handling package at the same time. Do a search, you'll have plenty to read.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!