Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Line lock or roll control questions on 98 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Line lock or roll control questions on 98 Trans Am

Ok i am looking to put a line lock on my 98 T/A, it has 4 wheel anti-lock. Will this mess up my abs? My friend that has a brake shop, said that I should take the fuse out when I want to use the line lock. Also was thinking of putting the line lock between the master cylinder and abs module. I don't want to take my abs system out just be able to use both with out interfearing with each other. If you have put one in I could use the advice.

Thanks,
Nick
Old 05-24-2005, 10:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used a hurst and bought 2 24"metric bubble ended 1/4 lines and fittings for the line lock then flared and bent the lines,came out sweet.I went master-linelock-ABS module and was wondering if it would screw with the ABS system also,it didn't but burnouts are now cake.Go to it.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:16 PM
TECH Addict

It will not mess up the ABS system, but it may cause the (!) Brake light to come on during burnouts, because it will detect that the front wheels are moving at a different speed then the rear. The light will turn itself off once at the tires start moving together again.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:32 AM
12 Second Club

thanks guys i plan to put it on saturday
Old 07-05-2011, 07:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've got some questions i have a had husrt kit sitting waiting to put on too on the front brakes only.

How safe are they, do they/can they fail?
what happens if they fail?
Can you use it like an extra park brake when parking on a hill etc?
will i be driving around fearing my brakes might not work?
Old 07-05-2011, 08:11 AM
12 Second Club

I have the SLP Line Lock and have no abs issues at all, that includes when I do my burnout.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:20 PM
11 Second Club

I uesd 11 years, still works great,when applied my front tires have never moved

LINE LOCK INFO

IS hole behind pcm , but I drill hole beside steering colum also ( drill from inside out ) put a peace of rubber hose in hole ran wire inside hose, then use same type wire wrap as GM,tie wrap to the big rubber hose comming over master cyl
I also mounted switch in ash tray
I have used this unit for 11 years with NO problems ( well yes one problem :::SLICK tires )

PS ::Connect brake line to master cyl and line lock ,the second line which goes to ABS block start it but leave it loose,remove cap from master cyl and let the lines grivity bleed watch the loose connection untill all air is out and run pure fluid ( may shake the line a little to help bleed ( REMEMBER BRAKE FLUID WILL REMOVE PAINT
I placed plastic sheet over fender)if does not gravity bleed blow into master cyl and have some one watch for fluid at ABS block >>>THIS way you do not have to bleed the brakes from under car- I had no problem of any kind

Sorry for the long post, hope it helps
Johnny

Quick Reply: Line lock or roll control questions on 98 Trans Am