Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Do your Wholesale Direct rotors look like this? (pic)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 05:04 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do your Wholesale Direct rotors look like this? (pic)

Well after some waiting, I finally got my rotors in. Two questions to others that have the same rotors from Wholesale direct though.

1. Do any of the holes that were drilled, in either your front or rear rotors, go right through any of the vanes in the middle of the rotor? Or are they all in between the vanes? It appears that on my front rotors, every other "set" of three holes goes through the vanes, while the others are in between. The rears don't have this problem. I'll get a pic tomorrow so you can see what i'm talking about.

2. Do either your front or rear rotors have any "slots" along the inner edge of the rotors, where it appears that material has been removed? Both of my rear rotors have about a 4" area where this has occured. You can see what i'm talking about in this picture. Take a look at the area along the inner edge of the rotor:

Last edited by csxfbird; 06-10-2005 at 05:06 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 06-10-2005, 09:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont think its a huge problem if a hole goes through a vane or not. There are lots of vanes and its only removing a small bit of it, not even the entire thing. As for the slots, ive seen that on lots of rotor before. Probably removed some material in order to balance them.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:47 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Throw some more lighting on the rotor before you snap the next pic, rely less on the flash, that way it's a touch easier to see what you're talking about. At any rate, it would make me a bit nervous, but I don't think it's anything to be overly concerned about.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:53 AM
Launching!

If it went completely through the vane, yes it'd be a slight problem. skimming the vane is not althought the holes should be centered in the cavity, IMO. The shaved slots ar done to balance the rotor - stockers are the same way.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by csxfbird
Well after some waiting, I finally got my rotors in. Two questions to others that have the same rotors from Wholesale direct though.

1. Do any of the holes that were drilled, in either your front or rear rotors, go right through any of the vanes in the middle of the rotor? Or are they all in between the vanes? It appears that on my front rotors, every other "set" of three holes goes through the vanes, while the others are in between. The rears don't have this problem. I'll get a pic tomorrow so you can see what i'm talking about.
It happens, but should be ok.

2. Do either your front or rear rotors have any "slots" along the inner edge of the rotors, where it appears that material has been removed? Both of my rear rotors have about a 4" area where this has occured. You can see what i'm talking about in this picture. Take a look at the area along the inner edge of the rotor:
That's how that "balance" the rotor. In lieu of adding weight like on wheels, they take it off.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

mine didn't have holes going next to the vane like yours do but from what I see it shouldn't be a problem. If its just close then I think its fine. If the whole were going through the vane then I would see problems

Quick Reply: Do your Wholesale Direct rotors look like this? (pic)