Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Pedal feel....new pads and lines

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 03:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pedal feel....new pads and lines

I have installed Earl's S.S. Braided lines and Hawk pads. I tried the solo bleeders but they were literally sucking, in the front calipers. So I kept the stock bleeders. Anyway. After the install, I bleed all 4 lines and took it for a ride. At first I wasn't too happy. So I rode the brakes for about half a mile to warm them up and to try to take any glazing off the pads. It was better after driving on them for a couple days.

I had a problem in the past with an inconsistant pedal feel. The pedal would fall past the throttle and then when I brough it back up it wought be high and tight. I was told that the rear pads could be to blame and that it was a typical problem. That brings me to the new upgrade.....

My question is, now that I have you updated. My pedal is still.......somewhat spongy. Not bad but I am not getting the braking that I would expect from dual piston front calipers (stockers) and braided lines. Should I have to bleed them again and why? I went through a quart and a half of fluid when I did the upgrade. I bleed the ENTIRE system, even enough to COMPLETELY flush the old fluid out. Another thing how would I go about achieving a rock hard pedal with awesome response. I've never been to fond of the brakes on my car. I love the car to death but the brakes aren;t all that great....

Anyadvise would be a great help. Thanx in advance....
Old 06-19-2005, 09:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you still have air in the lines to me, bleed them again and see how it feels. I had some air in my lines but it eventually excaped b/c I got the hard pedal all the time now.