Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LG C5 brake upgrade kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 147 Likes on 118 Posts

Default LG C5 brake upgrade kit

I have a few questions:

On the z06 calipers there isn't a chatter plate that came with the kit. The fbod calipers had them, and the fbod ones don't fit in the z06 calipers. Should I get a set of these from napa, pepboys...?

The hawk pads i bought won't fit in the caliper frame, the arch on the frame make them too tight to slip in easily...so i just reused the old pads which still have plenty of life left in them. I noticed that the piston boots have extended out after applying the brakes, and look furled like a curtain. Is that normal???

also i have tcs so i didn't use the rear center brake line that came with the earl's ss brake line kit, i used the two tcs lines they sell seperately. Am I correct in assuming you skip the rear center line, or did i miss it -- if so where is it located?

Last but not least, should I have bled the abs block. the light goes out after 3 seconds when i start the car and doesn't come back on. I assume there is no air in it.

thanx
Old 07-05-2005, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I got the chatter plates with the Z06 replacement brake pads. I don't recommend running the brakes without them.

As for pad fitment, not sure of the nuances with the LG kit, but I beleive you are to use Camaro specific pads, not the Corvette ones.

And the bleeding I never bled the ABS unit, just the calipers, starting at the furthest and work closer.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, since you use the F-body PAB, you should use an F-body pad, not the Corvette pad.

Quick Reply: LG C5 brake upgrade kit