Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New Brakes- Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 05:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Brakes- Need Advice

I am in the market for some new brakes, and I am wondering what will fit my application. The car is a daily driver, not driven too hard. I want something that looks nice and doesn't cost much. I was looking at some on ebay and some in the GP section, esp. these: https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-sales-specials/343049-cross-drilled-slotted-high-performance-brake-rotors-pads-kit-299-00-shipped-save.html .
Does anyone have experience with these rotors or similar ones on ebay? I have heard things about them cracking, and I don't want that to happen, but I love the way they look.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have any experience with the ebay stuff or Wholesale Direct, so I can't help there. But, if you want something with a little bling and its for a budget-minded daily driver I would consider KVR's cad-plated, cross-drilled rotors. I've had good luck with them in street applications, they look good, and they seem to hold up well. A set of these with some OEM or Hawk HPS pads and some good brake fluid should give you a decent-looking set of brakes that also perform pretty well.

Oh, almost forgot, you can get the KVR's through Fast Toys ----->