Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Message for Suspension Guru's or Sam

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 03:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Message for Suspension Guru's or Sam

Greetings from Iraq. I've put together quite a list of suspension upgrades and SFC's since I've been here, but I'm stuck on my Shock and Springs. I've searched through many of these threads came to a few conclusions. You guys/gals know what your talking about.

Here's my delima.

I intend to run sollo II's when I get back, and after right seat riding with Mike Mineard for awhile, I hope to be competive. That being said I'm at a difficult point in my build up.

I know I want Koni's, and I currently have Eibach lowering springs on my SS. The question is can I have both. I've read and heard that Koni's may in fact be to low with my current Eibach setup (1.5" drop). If I get the ride height adjustable Koni's (dbl adjustable shocks) then I will need some type of adjust perch for my eibach springs. I've contacted BMR to see if the QA1 spring cups will work with Koni's. A Koni rep advised me to go to global west site, but it has been down for the last couple days. Being stationed in Iraq makes it difficult to call Sam, so I'm hoping that this medium can help for now.

Do any of you have any suggestions? Sam I've left an comment for you on your website.

Thanks for any input.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

I think your confused on the Koni thing. With the SA's and DA's they allow you to adjust the valving. The front SA's have 2 groves where you can mount your spring perch, stock, and on thats lower. You can use the eibach's on the stock location groove and it would come out to be the same ride heigth as it would on a stock shock, or mount it on the lower groove to lower it even more. The double adjusables do not have the 2 different grooves, by double adj. it means you can adjust the compression and the rebound. You use the stock spring perch off your stock shocks to hold the spring. The BMR spring perches are only for QA1's. If you have any other questions id be more than happy to help.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by stang killer
I think your confused on the Koni thing. With the SA's and DA's they allow you to adjust the valving. The front SA's have 2 groves where you can mount your spring perch, stock, and on thats lower. You can use the eibach's on the stock location groove and it would come out to be the same ride heigth as it would on a stock shock, or mount it on the lower groove to lower it even more. The double adjusables do not have the 2 different grooves, by double adj. it means you can adjust the compression and the rebound. You use the stock spring perch off your stock shocks to hold the spring. The BMR spring perches are only for QA1's. If you have any other questions id be more than happy to help.
I'm sorry if my email was confusing, that was not my intent. I know the SA/DA thing, but I was unaware of Koni's "2 grooves" where I can mount my spring perch. I do not want my car to ride any higher, and certainly cannot go lower. What I would like to do (using my spring perch) is be able to "adjust" my ride height up or down depending on tire selection. Is there something in Koni's arsonal that would assist me in doing that?

Thanks for your responce.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sounds like your looking for a set of ground control coil overs. With thoes you will be able to select the spring rate and adjust the ride height of the car. That paired up with a set of koni SA's should work out pretty well. Now you just have to figure out what spring rates work best for you, most do well with the 500f/150r but you may or may not want more.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

380SS..... You've got an answer in your e-mail

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!