Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How much gained from upgrading suspension??

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much gained from upgrading suspension??

I have a huge amount of money dropped into my car, but very little into the suspension. The only suspension mods I have are a hotchkis panhard bar, and a removed front sway bar. Has anyone out there removed this sway bar?? The car feels a hell of a lot faster, and the tires leave the ground in first, and sometimes into second if it hooks, but I'm not convinced that this helped me at the track. My 60 foot times are horrible!! Can't break 1.9, on 10.5 inch ET Streets. I used to run 1.7's all day long with the swaybar in. I have done other changes besides the swaybar since then, but just looking for your opinion on removing the bar. Also, any recommendations on what suspension mods to do to the car? I'm putting out around 500-550 at the motor, but CAN NOT put the power to the ground to save my life. If I hook, I absolutely school mu buddies cammed LS1, but if not, which is usually the case, he makes me look bad, and I have to play catch up. Any input will help. Thanks.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Adjustable LCA's
Adjustable Torque arm, heavy duty, non-tailshaft mounted
Rear shocks and springs
Old 08-20-2005, 01:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
Adjustable LCA's
Adjustable Torque arm, heavy duty, non-tailshaft mounted
Rear shocks and springs
There is no gain going with adjustable LCA's over the regular style except for the ability to center the wheel in the wheel well, or to run rod ends instead of the poly bushings.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Adjustable LCA's are a great idea for the strip. When running large ET streets the ability to center the tire in the wheel well is much needed. Also adjustable LCA's imply rod ends, rod ends flex less than rubber or poly obviously so more power can be transferred to the ground rather than back into the chassis.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
Adjustable LCA's are a great idea for the strip. When running large ET streets the ability to center the tire in the wheel well is much needed. Also adjustable LCA's imply rod ends, rod ends flex less than rubber or poly obviously so more power can be transferred to the ground rather than back into the chassis.
I wasnt sure if you meant the adj rod or adj poly.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you could only afford to do front or rear shocks/springs, which would benefit the most?
Old 08-20-2005, 11:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Valkyn
If you could only afford to do front or rear shocks/springs, which would benefit the most?
You dont want to change only the rear or only the front shocks/springs. It is a very bad idea.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

I did all my suspension at the same time but I can definently tell you that shocks/springs/SFC's will make it feel like an entirely different car. My car handles like a go kart now!