Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Street Racer

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 12:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Street Racer

What suspension products should I get? (i got $) So I was wondering what was the best street suspension products were (shocks/springs/etc) including best bang for buck and just the best.

I have an '02 SS all stock right now, but I already plan on KBDD SFC's, and some eradispeed+2pc rotors for extreme stoppage.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

are you serious??? rotors=extreme stopage...wow are you misinformed...

anyway...if you are the badass "streetracer" you say you are, then i would assume that most of your races are in straitline, so you would need some good traction-in-mind products. a torque arm and subframe connectors are always a good start, but if you really want to ba a corner carver WHICH IS REALLY STUPID ON PUBLIC ROADS...i would get the subframe connectors you mentioned, plus a set of coilovers from LGmotorsports and some good swaybars (hey you have the $ right). if you want better "stoppage" your gonna need alot more than aftermartet rotors (which really do nothing different than the stock rotorson their own).

good luck
Old 08-29-2005, 08:17 AM
TECH Addict

Talking

Originally Posted by hpjunky98
are you serious??? rotors=extreme stopage...wow are you misinformed...

anyway...if you are the badass "streetracer" you say you are, then i would assume that most of your races are in straitline, so you would need some good traction-in-mind products. a torque arm and subframe connectors are always a good start, but if you really want to ba a corner carver WHICH IS REALLY STUPID ON PUBLIC ROADS...i would get the subframe connectors you mentioned, plus a set of coilovers from LGmotorsports and some good swaybars (hey you have the $ right). if you want better "stoppage" your gonna need alot more than aftermartet rotors (which really do nothing different than the stock rotorson their own).

good luck

Kinda rough don't you think?

For my 2 cents on this...

The rotors are cool but the pads you choose will help better. Also, how much $$$ are you looking to spend?

For stopping alone you could spend 2-3,000 for larger rotors and better calipers and such.

Then people will give advise on suspension and some mods are better for straight line and others better for "carving corners". It sounds like you want "all around" better handling for both cornering and straight line.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ActionJack
Kinda rough don't you think?
ya mabie, i just cant stand people that say they are streetracers and then say that they have sooo much money and make it sound like they have a really high HP car that proffesionally streetraces daily, then says that hes getting big$$$ rotors and rotors alone for "stoppage"... mabie i was a little hard, just somthing that really gets me riled up. i hate ricer streetrace mentality.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:28 PM
12 Second Club

I never said I was a steet racer. Let me put it this way. What would you want on your car if you were tryin to ditch someone on city streets/highways?
Old 08-29-2005, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

nitrous
Old 08-29-2005, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I sort of have the same question as originally posted. I have a lid cutout WS6. I generally beat cars that run 12.9 at the track if we're on the street. I've even beat a few 12.5's on the street. However, my best track run is 13.2. I'm not trying to say that I street race everyday or that anyone should. I too have a few $$ and would simply like some suggestions on suspension parts to improve my street performance. I don't get to the track much. I realize that exotic performance plus has put together an excellent set up suggestion for track cars; but, I'm not sure if they would apply to street. One more thing, is it true that if I lower my car it will become slower out of the hole.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by hpjunky98
nitrous
If all your trying to do is pull away from someone in a straight line without getting to involved in everything else, I agree you need more power.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cops, you know those guys that tend to pull us over just because, hate nitrous.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RealLiveMD

When I was younger, I used to think that I was being pulled over just because (for all 28 tickets that I've had). But, I have found that as I get older, I seem to get pulled over less "because". It seems that I don't drive like a moron on the street these days, my car isn't obnoxiously loud, and I don't draw attention to myself and I don't street race. Suddenly, I don't get "harassed" for "no reason" anymore. Your results may vary, but you usually don't get pulled over for no reason, you either are guilty, look guilty, look like you're about to be guilty, etc. You won't believe me now, but you will understand in a few years......
Old 08-30-2005, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RealLiveMD
yes they do...but i bet theve never pulled a car over with nitrous in it

anyway, i'm still confused on what you want to focus on
straitline (highway)
twisties
both????

which is it?
Old 08-30-2005, 04:30 PM
12 Second Club

Both.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by trackbird
When I was younger, I used to think that I was being pulled over just because (for all 28 tickets that I've had). But, I have found that as I get older, I seem to get pulled over less "because". It seems that I don't drive like a moron on the street these days, my car isn't obnoxiously loud, and I don't draw attention to myself and I don't street race. Suddenly, I don't get "harassed" for "no reason" anymore. Your results may vary, but you usually don't get pulled over for no reason, you either are guilty, look guilty, look like you're about to be guilty, etc. You won't believe me now, but you will understand in a few years......
Hey! Leave obnoxiously loud out of that!
Old 08-30-2005, 05:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by pimpmaro
Hey! Leave obnoxiously loud out of that!
if they cant hear you before they see you, might as well keep the stock stuff.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by stang killer
if they cant hear you before they see you, might as well keep the stock stuff.

So far, I have..... It may be about time to change that though.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trackbird
I was riding with a buddy once a few years ago in his Pontiac GTP, and he got pulled over for speeding, 60 in a 45. From what I saw of the speedo he was indeed doing around 60. From my perspective, he also gave the cop quite an attitude, and the cop returned the favor. After getting the ticket and pulling out, my buddy proceeded to bitch about ******* cops, and how he wasn't going nearly that fast, and that there was no reason for the cop to act the way he was. I finally said Shut the **** up John. You WERE speeding, and you WERE giving him the attitude. I sat here and watched the whole thing, so suck it up and take it like a man.

He didn't talk to me for a couple weeks after that, but to this day he hasn't bitched about cops once, not just around me but around any of our friends either, and he was always making some asinine crack about police.

I've been pulled over more times than I can remember, and gotten way too many tickets in the past 15 years, and not a single time was it just because. I deserved every one, and sometimes deserved a whole lot more than just the warning I ended up getting.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jRaskell
I've been pulled over more times than I can remember, and gotten way too many tickets in the past 15 years, and not a single time was it just because. I deserved every one, and sometimes deserved a whole lot more than just the warning I ended up getting.
Yup, I've been pulled over far more than the 28 times that I was given tickets. I was always doing stupid crap. Maryland got me for 96 in a 55, the ticket was $505. I was pissed, but I "earned" that ticket. If I hadn't been stupid, I'd not have been fined "half a grand" for a speeding violation. And, most of my others went about the same way. It WAS my fault and the officer happened to be there to let me know about it. I was dumb and it was his (or her) job. I quit bitching about cops early on and realized that the more stupid I was, the more it would cost me.

Old 08-31-2005, 12:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

That reminds me I still need to find a trafic lawyer to help me out of the 93 in a 50 I got over the summer.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

good idea... a traffic lawyer is the only thing that saved my license for my little street racing incident. I decided it's a pretty bad idea since then.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

I love the police. I got caught at 122 mph, but only got written for 85 in a 65. I deserved and earned a good whack. I thanked the officer and paid the $106.50 fine.